UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

JDOGG80

Bigster, Deberry has all the tools to dominate a game offensively and defensively,but he is not aggressive enough.He can shoot it, pass it,and post up.I think that he has the ability to carry a team a long way if he just go hard on both ends of the court the whole game.I tell him that all the time,but he only does it in spurts.He has to learn to push himself.

I really like Deberry.Doesnt force things and has that long basketball body.I was going to get on here and post that I heard Union city had some good looking youngsters that will give their starters some minutes.Plus I think their middle school team is undefeated as well.Hopefully some very good Lake Co -Union City matchups in years to come

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, Deberry has all the tools to dominate a game offensively and defensively,but he is not aggressive enough.He can shoot it, pass it,and post up.I think that he has the ability to carry a team a long way if he just go hard on both ends of the court the whole game.I tell him that all the time,but he only does it in spurts.He has to learn to push himself.

Is he a junior or senior.He does need to get a little more agressive.Told my son last night,he could score a lot more if he really wants.

UC lose to Stone Memorial today at the siegel Thanksgiving Classic 62-57.Game was tied after 3 quarters 41-41.UC went up 45-41 in the 4th,but Stone responded with a 6-0 run.Stone had a couple 6-5 to 6'6 kids in Justin Simmons and Tyler Yoder.The Yoder kid could shoot the 3 and Simmons is a post that signed with Tennessee Weselyn.They also had another guard that has signed with Bryant College.UC right now is short handed without the 3 football players and Polk having to be out a month with an injury.One thing I liked about today is we played hard until the final horn and competed for 4 quarters. Simpson, Stockdale,and Deberry all had double figures.They play Chattanooga Tyner tomorrow at 12.

UC lost to Tyner 59-58 in their second game of the siegel Thanksgiving Classic. UC took 5 point lead in the 3rd quarter and had about 3 turnovers in a row that allowed Tyner to take the lead.Tyner turn the ball over on a 5 second count with 17 seconds left in the game.A blocked shot out of bounds and a travel with 1 second prevailed Tyner to the 1 point win.Stockdale,Simpson,and Deberry all had double figures with Sisco and Hyde playing a very solid game.Turnovers let both Stone and Tyner back in the games.Two prettt good teams will only help the team to get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Union City travel to Hallsl tonight to take on the scrappy Tigers..is Union City finally starting to get their mojo back? ..Union City play very well against Martin Westview..the big three all had double figures for the game4 union city.. Stockdale lead the way with 23 points While Donte Simpson had 22 and Deberry with 19.it was a very solid showing for these guys.

I been posting some here and there Copenoc.I was very impressed with us in the Martin game.I thought we put 4 good quarters together.Last night was good the first half and then we lost focused in the 3rd quarter. We were able to get back in control in the 4th quarter and finish Halls off.I been trying to get some of the guys that they need to be ready to play every game no matter who we play and to play hard for 32 minutes no matter what and when we get a team on the ropes to have a killer instinct.Last night,we had Halls on the ropes,and come out in the third not focused and they made a run.I thought that if we could've put together 2-3 good minutes there to start the 3rd quarter, we would've put the game away a lot earlier.Having the football players back and now Polk getting back healthier,now gives us bench depth and allows us to pick up a lot of full court to uptempo the game.Looking for us to finish these next three games strong before the Christmas break.

UC beats Gibson Co last night 84-49.Marcus Deberry, Donte Simpson, and Jeremy Bumpus all had double figures.Malik Stockdale played limited minutes because of the injury he sustained at Halls the night before. Jamie Hyde didnt play because of the flu. A district win move on to play at Trenton Friday and Ripley Saturday to close out the pre Christmas schedule.