UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

JDOGG80

UC finishes 5th place at the Poplar Bluff Showdown against some good competition. UC finishes the first half of the season 14-4,winning 8 of their last 9 games after getting the football players back. 1 district loss and sitting 3rd in the district,UC open up the second half of the season at home against Humboldt, South Fulton, and Lake Co. Winning all 3 of these games will put them into first place with only having to play Humboldt at their place the last game as they would have played South Fulton and Lake Co twice.I thought the win against BTW was huge because it could be a Substate matchup down the road.These first 3 games out of the break are huge,starting with Humboldt Friday night. Overall a pretty good first half and looking to get better the second half of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brooks kid is about 6'0 to 6'1.He a probably get some time on varsity next year.He might try and dunk one if he get open.His family is tall.He a grow some more over the summer. The others are guards that can play.They have another kid about 6'0 I think is out with a hand injury that will grow some more. I like us a lot JDOGG this year and think we will be fine,but next year Deberry,Sisco,Bumpus,Brooks will be one of the tallest teams at UC if not the tallest.

• 3 weeks later...

Props to our guys for giving a very good Union City team tonight a run for their money. We lost by 5, but led for quite a bit of the game and played one of our best games I've seen us play this year. This team is very young as well. The next 3-4 years could be some good basketball for Gibson Co. on the boys side. 

I can see signs that Union City is going down the same road they did last year by not getting the ball to the right ones..Very selfish play tonight..Bad shooting..Not finding.the shooter..Horrible freethrofree throw shooting...I can't believe Sisco.let one person almost shoot them out of the game and not get the ball to your leading scorer..Im glad Simpson hit most of his throws because UC woulda got beat by a much lesser team..If UC keeps this up they WILL NOT get out of the region..Ive still got SF and Humboldt coming out of 14a anyway until Sisco proves me wrong...Hey Chipper I gotta question...How does your leading scorer only shoot the ball 3 times in the second half???..And..Wasn't even looked at..I told u this last year and ill tell u again..It ain't about getting 30 but u got to get the touches..If they start this AGAIN its heartbreak hotel AGAIN..They did this same thing last year around the same time..Sisco better fix it or it will ditto from last year.