Lewis County @ CPA

coachrus

To me, this is a very interesting week of high school football. The Thanksgiving holiday actually has a major impact on the teams that are playing and throws teams off their normal routine. Add the family holiday dynamic and the additional pressure of a semi-final game.  The teams that handle it well will have a big advantage on Friday night. 

I have to admit that I don't think CPA has handled this week well the the last two years. Both years, I think they came out flat and got behind early. I'm not really sure why or what a coach could do differently.  Of course, Milan probably had a lot to do with that cause they had two great teams. It will be interesting to see if Coach Martin does anything different this year. Maybe having gone through this week twice the the past 2 years will make it easier on CPA this year. Milan sure had previous experience in semifinal games in prior years. 

I'm looking forward to a hard fought, close game. I hoping the weather is good and dry!

Interesting insight coachrus. Experience counts for sure. I think injuries to key starters in both years was a big part as well. Losing Mitchell in 2011 hurt without much experience behind him at QB.

Having Fleenor at ILB would've helped last year trying to stop Arkel Coleman up the middle. Losing Chase Smith and his rushing yards at RB and tackling at SS hurt tremendously as well.

No excuses. Milan was a deeper and better team. But I think Coach Martin has been more intentional to develop quality depth this year.

Appear to have more depth at skill positions this year. Two capable QBs, four RBs with meaningful yards, 4 WRs that have caught TD passes.

We've lost a number of key starters for multiple games this year. I've been impressed with the guys that have backed them up. Hope no one else gets hurt again, but maybe we have a little more depth this year.

I think He has a few changes to the routine planned this week and I've heard we may a have a secret weapon or two on Friday. Better be in the den to see is all I will say.

Interesting insight coachrus. Experience counts for sure. I think injuries to key starters in both years was a big part as well. Losing Mitchell in 2011 hurt without much experience behind him at QB.

Having Fleenor at ILB would've helped last year trying to stop Arkel Coleman up the middle. Losing Chase Smith and his rushing yards at RB and tackling at SS hurt tremendously as well.

No excuses. Milan was a deeper and better team. But I think Coach Martin has been more intentional to develop quality depth this year.

Appear to have more depth at skill positions this year. Two capable QBs, four RBs with meaningful yards, 4 WRs that have caught TD passes.

We've lost a number of key starters for multiple games this year. I've been impressed with the guys that have backed them up. Hope no one else gets hurt again, but maybe we have a little more depth this year.

I think He has a few changes to the routine planned this week and I've heard we may a have a secret weapon or two on Friday. Better be in the den to see is all I will say.

secret weapon! That's a good one!

Lewis County has a good shot in my opinion.

They're very disciplined and that is going to be critical in defeating CPA. After seeing them both play I'd say this is where the Panthers have the biggest advantage. If Lewis can effectively run the ball and defend the pass they can upset CPA. Lewis can throw the ball very well too but they're going to need to be balanced to consistently move the chains and keep CPAs offense on the sideline as much as possible.

Lewis County has a good shot in my opinion.

They're very disciplined and that is going to be critical in defeating CPA. After seeing them both play I'd say this is where the Panthers have the biggest advantage. If Lewis can effectively run the ball and defend the pass they can upset CPA. Lewis can throw the ball very well too but they're going to need to be balanced to consistently move the chains and keep CPAs offense on the sideline as much as possible.

+1 The biggest key to the game will be keeping the ball away from CPA and working the clock!

Dear "Like a Rock",

First, great picture of the dog upside down to prove the dog was not in pushup position.

Secondly, have you gone back and looked at the definition of race vs. socioeconomics.  I never heard back from you on that one.

Lastly, as an ol' man at the general store told me, "Don't ever feed nuts to a man with no teeth."

No doubt the loss of Fleenor was critical. May have been the best player on CPA's team, Smith's loss hurt too, Part of the game though. Gotta adapt.