14A reminds me of Memphis Basketball

Galilee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, 14a is one of the toughest district in the state! Should be another great season of basketball, Humboldt playing first game tonight! Probably will have at least three (3) teams ranked in top ten during the season!!

Hey Viking, it's not one of the toughest districts, it is THE toughest district! 15A has Middleton, Adamsville and TCA that are tough but only two of those can play with your top 4. I don't think there is a district that is close to your district.

And Lake Co and Union city are still pretty young teams with most being back next year.Lake Co only loses Coleman.Probably will suffer some losses early but still expect good effort or close games in those losses hopefully.Hopefully Blevins and Strayhorn will get their grades in order and become eligible after Christmas.Both will more than likely start.

I've seen these 14A teams play and it is a LOCK that Mitchell will win state this year!

Memphis will get two teams to the state in 1A if BTW can upset Mitchell in Regional Championship game. Mitchell is the only 1A team that could go to a 14A team's home and win! If this happen I can see them playing again for 1A State title!

Megatron,these same predictions were the same for BTW the last 2 years and they lost in the State Quarterfinals to Lake Co and lost to TCA in the regional semifinals last year.Like I said before, the only guarantee of a Memphis team winning State is in AAA.Single and Double A are not a given.Plus,Mitchell is not well coached and the players are out of control.Got a lot of techs against CPA and I heard got some against Bolivar.The officials will be looking for anything against them if they get to State.

I've seen these 14A teams play and it is a LOCK that Mitchell will win state this year!

Memphis will get two teams to the state in 1A if BTW can upset Mitchell in Regional Championship game. Mitchell is the only 1A team that could go to a 14A team's home and win! If this happen I can see them playing again for 1A State title!

So, when did you see Humboldt play because they've only played one game since football ended a week ago? Mitchell has a lot of games to play as well as Humboldt before you crown Mitchell "State Champs", that will be decided in March & you have to make it there!!

Chipper,

Mitchell is not well coached. Our boys coach is one of the top in the city, ask anyone. Those techs at Bolivar were crazy. Ask anyone there. Even Bolivar fans sitting with us were questioning them. Do not pass judgement on our students being out of control. You bring  your best "in control students"  to the court and lets play.

Edited by Galilee

Gaililee,I seen some of your teams with so much talent.You guys were loaded with Thad Young and lost to Haywood Co, the coach that many Memphis posters on here that says he cant coach,got blown out by Liberty in 07,got blown out in the Championship by CPA in 12 Finals, and gets blown out again to CPA in the 13 Quarterfinals,another loss to Fulton in 08.Cant seem to win the big game.I been there every year Mitchell has played and they were the better team a lot of times,but their coach got them beat.The Thad Young group in 06,now that was ridiculus.