14A reminds me of Memphis Basketball

Galilee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has watched Mitchell play, you would know that they play a full court man to man defense. Down 40 or up 40. Honestly I've seen it hurt them a lot in the past, like against Hamilton. They don't press, its an in your face full court man defense.

yes but when they trap fullcourt out of it then it is the same as a press! lol

Gaililee,I seen some of your teams with so much talent.You guys were loaded with Thad Young and lost to Haywood Co, the coach that many Memphis posters on here that says he cant coach,got blown out by Liberty in 07,got blown out in the Championship by CPA in 12 Finals, and gets blown out again to CPA in the 13 Quarterfinals,another loss to Fulton in 08.Cant seem to win the big game.I been there every year Mitchell has played and they were the better team a lot of times,but their coach got them beat.The Thad Young group in 06,now that was ridiculus.

really...didnt everyone get blown out by liberty in 07...other than playing bolivar i dont remember many teams staying within 20 of them all year...especially in TN

Mitchell has a fantastic ballclub...could they be better...sure...but do they have the talent as well as the coaching to make a serious run at the single A title...absolutely

as for 14a and 15a local ball for me...im gona be going to a lot of these matchups...14a has really had the power lately but those boys in 15a are really starting to put together some serious programs that can and will compete

union city already took down jackson SS and they were prolly missing some football players

humboldt is just outstanding

lake co always has the talent to get the job done

south fulton seems to be on the same elite level again knocking off union city

middleton has some incredible athletes that ball like crazy

and even TCA is consistently putting on a show on the hardcourt

i doubt mitchell will have to travel for the postseason but if they do the locals can get a great look at them as well...the state champ is in that paragraph somewhere...just lay ur $ and roll the dice...hard to go wrong with any of them

really...didnt everyone get blown out by liberty in 07...other than playing bolivar i dont remember many teams staying within 20 of them all year...especially in TN

Mitchell has a fantastic ballclub...could they be better...sure...but do they have the talent as well as the coaching to make a serious run at the single A title...absolutely

as for 14a and 15a local ball for me...im gona be going to a lot of these matchups...14a has really had the power lately but those boys in 15a are really starting to put together some serious programs that can and will compete

union city already took down jackson SS and they were prolly missing some football players

humboldt is just outstanding

lake co always has the talent to get the job done

south fulton seems to be on the same elite level again knocking off union city

middleton has some incredible athletes that ball like crazy

and even TCA is consistently putting on a show on the hardcourt

i doubt mitchell will have to travel for the postseason but if they do the locals can get a great look at them as well...the state champ is in that paragraph somewhere...just lay ur $ and roll the dice...hard to go wrong with any of them

"Great Post", that's what I've been saying, " anybody can beat you on any given night & that's why you play the game. There's a lot of basketball to be played before we get to the best Single A team in the state but as you stated" the teams you listed has a chance to win it all"!

Dhstennis,I know Liberty blew everyone out that year.I was just stating that Mitchell has been to the glass house with loaded teams and never won a Championship, so its not a given that they will win this year.The only given is that a TripleA team out of Memphis will win AAA.LOL.The 06 Mitchell team had way more talent than Liberty.You are right,thats why you play the game.

I know Mitchell has a very good team this year.When I watched them last year at State and saw all those underclassmen and going Single A,they were going to be tough.I just say that its not a given they will win State with some teams that will challenge them.Going to be tough for District 15 A to have to beat Mitchell at their place in the regionals and someone from District 14 to beat them in Substate.Im trying to catch Mitchell in a game this year.

I know Mitchell has a very good team this year.When I watched them last year at State and saw all those underclassmen and going Single A,they were going to be tough.I just say that its not a given they will win State with some teams that will challenge them.Going to be tough for District 15 A to have to beat Mitchell at their place in the regionals and someone from District 14 to beat them in Substate.Im trying to catch Mitchell in a game this year.

Chipper a lot of people on here just be talking they don't really know much about other teams so u just how to take something's said with a grain of salt when do you'll play Humboldt that game will be worth the drive

I know Con.UC will be a better team when they get 2 from football. Those 2 will be the first 2 off the bench and will give us a 9 man rotation.Humboldt and TCA will be tough when their football players get into basketball form.South Fulton has everybody playing for them since the end of October, Mitchell I dont believe have Spencer playing yet.Lake Co get 2 back the first of the year. There is Middleton and BTW.A lot of good teams and I know 3 or 4 of them could win it all.

Bolivar is a state contender and if I could run them out of the gym @ their home then I would too!!!  

lets be careful calling bolivar a state contender now...theyre currently 1-3 according to their schedule on coacht and their average margin of loss if u will is 30.3...thats not ur typical bolivar basketball squad  and most definitely not champinoship worthy

as far as pressing up 40...who cares...this is varsity ball...if u cant stop it dont play the game or stick to the jv schedules