Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Tell me again how simple it is to stop the veer coach troll. Just like you did last week. If you forgot, I can pull that post up for you. Dribble drive brother, dribble drive.

they didn't follow my instructions. .got killed on the dives..defense was MIA. .too much turkey. .but that don't mean you will steamroll over the very deep and healthy Henry County. .

they didn't follow my instructions. .got killed on the dives..defense was MIA. .too much turkey. .but that don't mean you will steamroll over the very deep and healthy Henry County. .

So no other team we have played is deep or healthy? Have you applied for the job? You have my vote. It was so simple, I wonder why they didn't want to win? If you keep saying every week that West will lose - eventually you will be correct.

That is pretty impressive, West had to play AP# 5 Cleveland twice and the first game ended up 32-25 and the second time they played it was 49-14, that is also impressive, not taking anything away from the 3 wins Henry Co. had against teams they played twice as it is always hard to beat a team twice, but keep in mind that those 3 wins were against A bad Kenwood team that finished 5-6 and national rank of 4,382 so I don't really think that one is as impressive as that is the equivalent of West playing a team like Lenoir city twice, and the other 2 wins were against an average to above average Northeast team that finished 8-6 with a ranking of 2,477 and a 7-6 Ridgeway team that finishes ranked 1,586. The Cleveland team that West beat twice finished with 10 wins and a ranking of 449

Your numbers are nice but the national rank stuff is a joke. I also think you put a little too much stock in the numbers. They are nice to look at but they don't tell the whole story or determine the outcome. Don't forget HC was here 2 years ago & a few HC Seniors started on that title team & a handful of the Juniors dressed out. I think that's something that is being overlooked.

I would venture to say West is the fastest team HC has played. HC, however, may be the most physical team West has played. Good thing for West is they're pretty darn physical themselves.

The West team I saw on film isn't faster than Memphis East. They looked comparable to Clarksville Northeast speed wise. I'm not knocking West & won't in this thread. They appear to be a very good & well coached team. I feel very strongly this will be a 1 score game.

The West team I saw on film isn't faster than Memphis East. They looked comparable to Clarksville Northeast speed wise. I'm not knocking West & won't in this thread. They appear to be a very good & well coached team. I feel very strongly this will be a 1 score game.

I'd be very shocked to see either team run away with it...this will be the best game next week out of all of them.

I would venture to say West is the fastest team HC has played. HC, however, may be the most physical team West has played. Good thing for West is they're pretty darn physical themselves.

Just curious, was West faster as a team than Maryville? Teams faster than HC this year that they have played IMO are Ridgeway, Memphis East, Northeast, also Liberty and Rossview and Kenwood had individual players probably faster than HC. Speed is great to have but can be equalized. Don't get me wrong, speed is great to have. And no I'm not comparing Maryville to HC. How are special teams for West?

SEC1rules I agree with you 100% that the numbers do not tell the whole story and will not argue that for a second, its just that I am the only person that seems to post these and it is an interesting way of looking at things, for the most part they give a pretty good analysis of the match-up, but I agree they do not determin the game.  For instance earlier in the bracket I posted a match-up about West and Campbell Co. and if you went by the numbers than it should have been a close game, but I predicted a blowout due to style of play and how the players matched up and all the CC fans thought I was nuts, what happened, West beat them 50-18 so I get exactly what you are saying.  Also though when I did the AC and West game the numbers would have given a picture of West wining by around 10-14 points and they were dead on, also last week using my numbers I predicted West over Cleveland 41-14 and it was 49-14.  You are 100% correct that the numbers do not depict the game to a tee, but is that not why we have upsets?  And do not get me wrong I am not saying if Henry wins it will be an upset so don't take it that way, just saying that the numbers are just a neat way of looking at things and I have been posting them all year and they have been pretty close in probably about 70% of the games I have done them on, but there always is that 30% that they are no where close and I get that.  Something else that is being overlooked I believe is that minus Henry making it to the title game 2 years ago, this West group of seniors actually has more playoff experience than Henry, so the argument could be made that the comparison of the post season is a wash.

OK guys, as requested per my West friends, remember I don't take the time to do this for just anyone lol:

Knox West vs. Henry Co. Matchup:

Record:

West: 13-1 (6-1) Henry: 14-0 (7-0)

National Ranking:

West: 271 Henry: 484

State Ranking:

West: 9 Henry: 13

5A Ranking:

West: 1 (AP 2) Henry: 3 (AP 1)

Schedule Ranking:

West: 119.52 Henry: 112.27

Result vs. Schedule ranking:

West: 141.98 Henry: 134.09

Points Scored/Allowed:

West: 589-215 (42-15) Henry: 530-240 (38-17)

Result vs. AP top 10 opponent:

West: 4-1 Henry: 2-0

Points Scored/Allowed vs. AP top 10 Opponent:

West: 205-78 (41-16) Henry: 46-41 (23-21)

Playoff Scored/Allowed:

West: 191-51 (48-13) Henry: 154-57 (39-14)

Playoff Opponents Record:

West: 36-14 (72%) Henry: 29-21 (58%)

Teams played in Playoffs with a top 10 AP ranking:

West: 3 Henry: 1

Teams played in Playoffs with 10+ wins:

West: 3 Henry: 0

Games Played through season vs. .500 or better teams:

West: 8 Henry: 8

Opponents Record:

West: 94-71 (57%) Henry: 81-81 (50%)

Games Played vs. +10 win teams:

West: 6 Henry: 0

Games Played vs. teams that are currently Undefeated:

West: 1 Henry: 0

Senior Group:

Senior Post Season Record:

West: 11-3 (79%) Henry: 10-2 (83%)

Senior career record:

West: 44-10 (81%) Henry: 47-5 (90%)

With the above information I have come to a few conclusions, The first is that if a Henry fan thinks that for some reason they have played a schedule that is harder than West they are sadly mistaken and the above information proves just that, West only loss is to the Beast from the East Maryville and had Henry played them they would have lost that game as well as would just about any other team in the state. Had West played anyone other than Maryville they would also be undefeated and would have won their district and had all games up to this point at home, but even if you exclude Maryville and add an average team to that spot the West Schedule is more difficult. Another conclusion is the path to Cookeville, West had to defeat the AP #4 and #5 teams at home as well as travel to the AP #3 to win a very tuff game on the road which I believe will show after next week to be the 5A post season game that decided the Championship, My opinion so don't freak out. Also you will see that the JR and SR groups for both teams have pretty much the same post-season experience so neither team will be at a disadvantage in that department. If you went by just the numbers alone given the strength of schedule that West has had to endure with the results they have gotten than I do not see how anyone that is unbias to the 2 teams could pick anything other than West +6. However my gut seems to tell me that West will pull away in that game and I will pick:

West: 33, Henry 14

This is my opinion, feel free to make it you own. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and I hope West can come through.

Stats are great except I give very little credence to the AP poll as most sports writers who vote are from East Tenn and are biased that way. One year they voted for a team to be in the top 10 not knowing that the particular team was in a different class. Everything dealing with the AP is subjectional. Having said that it ought to be a great game.

Just curious, was West faster as a team than Maryville? Teams faster than HC this year that they have played IMO are Ridgeway, Memphis East, Northeast, also Liberty and Rossview and Kenwood had individual players probably faster than HC. Speed is great to have but can be equalized. Don't get me wrong, speed is great to have. And no I'm not comparing Maryville to HC. How are special teams for West?

West special teams are very good.

Actually my rankings are not AP, they are mathematical from M A X P R E P S, they figure them with a formula of how teams have done vs. opponents with records, strength of schedule and so on and are updated weekly after all results are in and I just add them to all my other numbers to give an Idea of how the matchups are, the AP actually has gotten this group pretty close as the AP has Henry at 1 and West at 2 and has had them that way for the majority of the season and they are playing for the Title game, I get what you are saying and am not arguing it at all, just want you to know that my numbers are not from the AP.