Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Actually my rankings are not AP, they are mathematical from M A X P R E P S, they figure them with a formula of how teams have done vs. opponents with records, strength of schedule and so on and are updated weekly after all results are in and I just add them to all my other numbers to give an Idea of how the matchups are, the AP actually has gotten this group pretty close as the AP has Henry at 1 and West at 2 and has had them that way for the majority of the season and they are playing for the Title game, I get what you are saying and am not arguing it at all, just want you to know that my numbers are not from the AP.

Noted. I appreciate your research. I would wish one day to get to play Anderson Co. I think a Gallatin/AC matchup would be fun.

Yea, I think that would be great, if AC can ever get past the elite teams, it seems like we always end up playing the real contendors early in the bracket, a few seasons ago we lost to Catholic by like 4/5 points in the 2nd round and had the ball 1st and goal with less than 2:00 left and did not score and they go on to win state, had a shootout with Columbia a few years back and ended up losing 50-44 in a crazy game that we should have won in the quarterfinals and they lose in the title game to Beech.  This year we lost a tuff one to West and the game was 25-19 with 6:00 left in game and missed a tackle in the backfield on their QB which would have brought on 3rd and long with the momentum shifted to AC and he breaks it for a 60 yard TD.  AC always seems to be right there and just comes up short.  Well get there one day, just got to keep chipping away, we have a great Coaching staff and support so I believe they will get us over the hump.

So the fact that West has played a stronger schedule than Henry in both the regular season and the post season does not hold more water than spitting out rushing and passing stats?  Also keep in mind that other than Maryville whenever West has faced a top 10 opponent they have really stepped up big, I do not think this week will be any different

CoachT shows that HC's strength of schedule is slightly better than West's, with both being in the 70's. Regardless, that does not mean much on either side. I am sure that West is coached very well, but I feel that if the game is close going into half, it favors HC.

That is pretty impressive, West had to play AP# 5 Cleveland twice and the first game ended up 32-25 and the second time they played it was 49-14, that is also impressive, not taking anything away from the 3 wins Henry Co. had against teams they played twice as it is always hard to beat a team twice, but keep in mind that those 3 wins were against A bad Kenwood team that finished 5-6 and national rank of 4,382 so I don't really think that one is as impressive as that is the equivalent of West playing a team like Lenoir city twice, and the other 2 wins were against an average to above average Northeast team that finished 8-6 with a ranking of 2,477 and a 7-6 Ridgeway team that finishes ranked 1,586.  The Cleveland team that West beat twice finished with 10 wins and a ranking of 449

"Football isn't a matter of life and death, it's more important than that"- Henry "Bill" Sanders

Your stats of who has played a stronger season is impressive, I give you that. But here is how it truly breaks down. The Pat's always roll in to play ball.They practice hard and play hard. I would love for West to look at the stats you posted and underestimate HC because I am positive that the Pats will never underestimate any opponent and they are going to be busting their tail all week preparing to dominate West. All games leading up to this one are irrelevant and that Pats will leave every ounce of blood and sweat on the field; for this is the only game of the season that matters!  

My prediction, it's going to be a good game. If West comes prepared to play without an inflated ego, it will be close.. but the Pats pull away in the second half as West gets exhausted.

Thanks Commissioner, no matter how the game goes I just wanted to give everyone an interesting point of view by the numbers as Westhigh4life asked me too.  There was a comment made earlier in the topic that Henry's opponents were 10x better than West and I just think that is absurd, no matter who everyone thinks will win or who the better team turns out being does not change either teams schedule.  CoachT has Henry Co. strength of schedule at 72 and West at 78 and I just do not see how that is accurate, I think Sonneymoores power rankings are a little more accurate as West has played 5 teams ranked in the top 10 of their respected class with one of those teams being 14-0 #1 Maryville and Henry has played only 2 teams ranked in the top 10, Also West has played 5 teams (6 games) against teams that finish with 10+ wins and Henry has not played any and West plays a lot of 6A teams during the season and had to beat the #3,4 and 5 teams in the state in the playoffs to get to Cookeville, I just cant wrap my head around how Henry could possibly have a stronger schedule than West, If I am missing something somewhere I am free to opinions and I am not afraid to be wrong, I have been wrong before and promise you I will be wrong again LOL.  One question though, does CoachT count post-season games in their strength of schedule criteria?  And also, do they count out of state games?  If not than this could be the discrepancy, those are serious questions by the way, I am not trying to argue.

Mav4life

I think the two 1 and 9 teams on West's schedule are what is hurting the schedule strength.

Never the less, I think these two teams will arrive prepared, and ready to compete. I fully expect a game similar to 2011 with Powell. I believe coaching adjustments, and turnovers will determine the winner.