High School Volleyball Or Not?

bigbluevolley

I Thought High School volleyball was good for the girls until this year. Now I realize why most people say it's not worth it. I don't know a good high school coach in this area. Maybe there are one or two, but surely they aren't at Bearden, CAK or Farragut. I know hands on about the Bearden coach. I've heard about the other two from parents. I hear the CAK coach used to coach at a small college. Well, we all know why you got from college to high school. I'm sure he says because that's where he was led. Doesn't that sound familiar. No One goes from college to high school unless...Well not gonna go there. You know what I mean. If there Big girl was msart she would train at K2 and not play for CAK. That's how she'll get better for D1 competition.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitate to say much because several posters just attack. I think there are some great coaches, some good coaches, some average coaches and some bad. I am not going to call out any of the bad, but have no problem acknowledging Webb, Catholic and Anderson County as excellent coaching staffs who really help develop their players.

I think if you play at those schools and three or four others, it will really help you with college.

No one get hurts by playing high school ball, even for a bad team IF the coach is not also destroying the players love to play. A well run club will work hand in hand with the high school to help the player be her best.

K2ruth. I think you nailed it! The Webb coach and the Catholic coach are the 2 I would say stand out above everyone else. If you go to these schools then you get better. The coaches use club and high school to better the player.The one thing the Webb coach does is waits a little while before starting practice. Not sure if the catholic coach does that or not.

I don't like what I'm hearing about the Bearden coach. Don't like that he put his club first over his team. The club parents can argue all they want but the evidence is pretty damaging. Especially after talking to MANY parents off the record that are now with KVA.

The Farragut coach is a nice lady but her coaching leaves a lot to be desired. This also comes from parents and players. I bet she's sees an exodus of players for next year.

The CAK coach teaches a very unorthodox style. Gold medal something. He does like to pray though so maybe he uses that to help his team. (just kidding). I do like the way he yells the whole game. It tells me he is in to it.

In her early years, our coach did alot of coaching from the sidelines too. Kind of like the CAK coach. The last couple years (once her top team graduated) she' been just sitting there doing nothing. I think it's partly because we aren't that good at volleyball and because she just didn't care anymore. I can remember the days when we would go to games and they would be awesome environments. The coach would be pumped, the team was going crazy and the students would come to the games.