Class A AP Poll

bob77

Well if we are all so lucky as to have our teams make it to the glass house then we will find out! Clarkrange was picked preseason #1 in our district this year so yes they have the talent to compete with and beat Jackson Co. now that Flynn is out with an ACL. We will know more about that match up after Friday night, but no matter who wins that game it will be just one of 4 or 5 games these two teams will play and the only one that counts is the LAST one!

@UCS. Well said..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we are all so lucky as to have our teams make it to the glass house then we will find out! Clarkrange was picked preseason #1 in our district this year so yes they have the talent to compete with and beat Jackson Co. now that Flynn is out with an ACL. We will know more about that match up after Friday night, but no matter who wins that game it will be just one of 4 or 5 games these two teams will play and the only one that counts is the LAST one!

I have to somewhat contrast your comment. I feel that the weak spot for Jackson County isn't on guards, as Coe is one of the best shooters and a very good ball handler, Allen is one of the most athletic girls to come through JC and can shoot when needed (state tourny last year), and attack with efficiency, and Cameron Sherril who can knock the bottom out of a three and is very smart at seeing the floor. So I would argue that the problem is the loss of Hensley, not in anyway saying that Flynn isn't important, but our posts has been proven to be somewhat weak.

I have to somewhat contrast your comment. I feel that the weak spot for Jackson County isn't on guards, as Coe is one of the best shooters and a very good ball handler, Allen is one of the most athletic girls to come through JC and can shoot when needed (state tourny last year), and attack with efficiency, and Cameron Sherril who can knock the bottom out of a three and is very smart at seeing the floor. So I would argue that the problem is the loss of Hensley, not in anyway saying that Flynn isn't important, but our posts has been proven to be somewhat weak.

Kind of what I was told as well.... and Union City's post are STRONG if these 2 teams ever do meet up. Union City matches up better in the post whereas Jackson Co. matches up better at the guard spot. 

I look at Livingston academy UC, JC, and Clarkrange have played them JC is 1-1 UC is 1-0 and Clarkrange is 0-1 I think I saw it was by 17 that was surprising so it seems to be anyone's for the take and think UC chances are better this year now with Amber back. UC will take it easy starting out but will build up more minutes each game. First game back she scored 11 in 12-15 minutes of action so good start.

Kind of what I was told as well.... and Union City's post are STRONG if these 2 teams ever do meet up. Union City matches up better in the post whereas Jackson Co. matches up better at the guard spot.

Gc what did you think of the girls against humboldt? Looked much better to me. Also, were you surprised by the freshman coming off bench and leading team in scoring? I don't know much about her from last year and there wasn't a lot of hype about her coming in. Just wondered your opinion on her. She definately gives 1000 percent while on the floor.

If you read all my posts i have stated that JC is stronger at the guard position than C'Range is and that C'Range has the advantage under the basket, i was talking in general about losing one of our best players. Coe is not a point guard but yes she can play that position. Kassidy Allen is a very good player but not a point guard but can handle the ball. The loss of a presence like Mak would be a huge void for anyone to fill and JC does it more by committee now. Basketball is all about match ups and just because one team beats another one by "X" amount doesn't necessarily mean they would beat a different team or they wouldn't. UC has a good team and IF they can hit a shot above the foul line this year then they have a great shot at winning the title, if not then i don't like their chances.

Edited by UCSportsFan

Smithson was huge for Gibson the other night. If that type of production keeps coming from her, Gibson will be just that much better. And UCSpotsfan, I still don't think UC can shoot above the FT line even though UC fans will tell you different. I think they were 1-11 from threes in the game we played them. The majority of their points come from 10 feet and in. Their post and guards are physically strong and if you don't have post players that aren't willing to knock around with them, then it'll be a long night for your team. They say Amber Fair is back but I'm not sure what to really expect. She's a Union commit but hasn't played since sophomore year. I'm not sure what to really expect.

Amber been out a year and a half and is still better than any girl in District 14A. The only team that actually had a girl that could play in the District is Peoples from Greenfield. She can create her own shot,but UC have girls that can guard her.Everybody else in the District have to be wide open to shoot. Thats the thing with UC,you cant get open,because out of the 9 they play now,7 can really guard you. Thats why the scores in the District have been so lopsided.They can make shots above the free throw line.Why shoot outside when you can shoot layups all night.Some teams outside of the District may have some post players that can force them to shoot outside,but they can make shots out there.Like I said earlier when UC destroyed GC,UC is head and shoulders better than anybody in District 14A.

Amber been out a year and a half and is still better than any girl in District 14A. The only team that actually had a girl that could play in the District is Peoples from Greenfield. She can create her own shot,but UC have girls that can guard her.Everybody else in the District have to be wide open to shoot. Thats the thing with UC,you cant get open,because out of the 9 they play now,7 can really guard you. Thats why the scores in the District have been so lopsided.They can make shots above the free throw line.Why shoot outside when you can shoot layups all night.Some teams outside of the District may have some post players that can force them to shoot outside,but they can make shots out there.Like I said earlier when UC destroyed GC,UC is head and shoulders better than anybody in District 14A.

Union City is the best team in district. But I believe you are way off base saying they are head and shoulders above everyone else. Gibson co has a good coach and talent for him to use. I will be very surprised if they don't give union city all they want as I see them playing likely 2-3 more times this year. Our coach will have a gameplan for you.

Gibson county looks to have gotten out of their slump just in time. They probably played their most complete game all year tonight. It was Bradford, but they completely dominated the game from start to finish for a 64-24 win which has been a problem all year. Erin Lannom has gotten her strike back and The Smithson girl put in another 8-10 pt performance and looks to be gaining confidence which is what this team has lacking all year. They need her to be able to come off bench and score. The 2 seniors keep doing what they do. Hopefully we will build off of this.

GC will be the powerhouse aftet this year.. Th They will probly be the team to beat next yr for sure and probly the best the next 3 or 4 years..Jackson co. And Clarkrange can forget any more gold balls for a long while..GC will rule thr roost around these parts becsuse they soo basketball oriented and just keep reloading..GC HAS spit out some great players in the last decade. .They are a well respected program.