Class A AP Poll

bob77

GC will be the powerhouse aftet this year.. Th They will probly be the team to beat next yr for sure and probly the best the next 3 or 4 years..Jackson co. And Clarkrange can forget any more gold balls for a long while..GC will rule thr roost around these parts becsuse they soo basketball oriented and just keep reloading..GC HAS spit out some great players in the last decade. .They are a well respected program.

You are greatly mistaken if you think Jackson County and Clarkrange can forget about Gold Balls after this year. Clarkrange will be loaded for the next 4 years and Jackson County's sophomore class is one of the best in the state. I have no doubt GC will be good but to say we can forget about Gold balls is just being a homer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC loses a lot after this season but with some key players like raven fair and a few more. No we wont be as big or as dominant but I believe they could finish in the top 2 next year in the district. And no I don't think they would be able to win the gold ball but I believe they will be good enough to get to sub-state.

Edited by JDOGG80

If you read all my posts i have stated that JC is stronger at the guard position than C'Range is and that C'Range has the advantage under the basket, i was talking in general about losing one of our best players. Coe is not a point guard but yes she can play that position. Kassidy Allen is a very good player but not a point guard but can handle the ball. The loss of a presence like Mak would be a huge void for anyone to fill and JC does it more by committee now. Basketball is all about match ups and just because one team beats another one by "X" amount doesn't necessarily mean they would beat a different team or they wouldn't. UC has a good team and IF they can hit a shot above the foul line this year then they have a great shot at winning the title, if not then i don't like their chances.

Yes I know you've stated that, I was clearing it up for anyone that only caught this post. I feel JC is in a much better position to win state as well because of Union City's lack of ability to shoot past the paint.

Jackson Co. also lost a 6'3 post and have suffered three losses. Union City is undefeated and returns their whole team. If Union City doesn't win the gold this year, I'll be somewhat surprised. It'll be their last chance for awhile.

Yes Jackson co. did but most everyone thinks Clarkrange is even stronger than Jackson Co. I doubt Union City would be unbeaten if they played the schudules most 7A teams do. We will see tonight who wins...(JC or Clarkrange). If Union City wins the state I will be on here to congratulate them on doing something which doesn't happen often...7A not winning it. State Champions: Jackson Co. 2013, Clay Co. 2012, Jackson Co. 2010, Clarkrange 2009,  Jackson Co. over Clarkrange by 1 point 2008,  Forrest over Jackson by 1 in 2006,  Clarkrange 2004, Celina (Clay Co.) 2nd in 2002, and Jackson Co. won 4 in a row in AA  (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003). I have no doubt Union City is good but not the best. And, next year and the year after Pickett Co. will be very strong too...they have only lost to JC, Clarkrange, AAA Warren Co. & Livingston (AA power).

It's really a change for gibson county. A couple years ago they were playing one of the toughest schedules in state every year. This year we have scheduled tough games out of district but it hasn't helped a ton. We have won 3 consecutive games by 35 points. That never happened even when we won back to back state championships. It's really tough on the girls I think as well trying to stay focused when you're up 44-10 at half and stuff.

Oh my goodness, Union City a tough schedule. You got to be kidding me. This is the weakest 14A has been in many many years and it will hurt Union City come tournament time.

In Union City's defense, they have played a fairly tough out of district schedule. You got to take into consideration, Westview is usually MUCH better than they started out the season. Westview is still a good win for Union City. They also went TO Paducah Tilghman the other night and was able to beat them. They also beat Livingston over in the Hickman tournament. They have played a tougher schedule than Gibson.