Class A AP Poll

bob77

Watch out for Oakhaven, i have seen them play twice this year and kid me not. They are legit. Unfournately, they are in 16A, which is the weakest girls district in the state. You UC people talk about struggling to defend Jaycee Coe??? Derica Wiggins is BETTER than her. Averaging well over 35 points per game, and plays with 2 other really good players who are getting D1 attention as well. Teams have tried every junk defense to slow her down, but it hasnt worked. So take them seriously UC and Middleton fans

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Oakhaven, i have seen them play twice this year and kid me not. They are legit. Unfournately, they are in 16A, which is the weakest girls district in the state. You UC people talk about struggling to defend Jaycee Coe??? Derica Wiggins is BETTER than her. Averaging well over 35 points per game, and plays with 2 other really good players who are getting D1 attention as well. Teams have tried every junk defense to slow her down, but it hasnt worked. So take them seriously UC and Middleton fans

You know I wonder the teams they were playing against that tried these junk defenses. Middleton, GC, and UC will put players on the floor who will one be able to execute these defenses and also put other D1 worthy athletes on the floor that can match abilities from the scores of your games listed the talent level is horrible. If she can do the same thing against the 15A teams in the regional tourney then we will need to be concerned about her and Oakhaven.

In no way diminishing the ability of Middleton or the size they have I truly believe they are a good team. The two players that you made mention of was on the team last year when they lost to UC and this loss came with Amber Fair on the sideline watching. She is also is a Union signee. We also lost Kealie Reaves our starting guard to a ACL tear in the first qtr of that same game. UC definitely has more weapons than Middleton, and I disagree with the statement that Middleton can match UC spot for spot. Not with Hudson at the point, R. Fair at the SG, A. Fair at the SF, and Nettles at the five with three on the bench who would start on any A team in west TN ready to come in and play. Bottom line they can't match up and guard everything somebody will be open. Lastly no one on this Middleton team is even being mentioned for a Miss Basketball nominee. I just look for UC to take care of business and get another home Sub-State game and advance to the Glass house. It's really sad that someone won't get to go to the Glass house, only time will tell. If UC can stay healthy they have a real good shot at winning it all.

it's just simply my opinion that Middleton is the better team. That was my first time to see them this year. And Middleton has no one mentioned for Miss Basketball... That's because no one from that district post on here. Deja Faulkner is definitely one of the three best players in Single A regardless if she gets nominated as a junior this year or not. Whoever loses region championship will not go to Middleton and win whether it be GC or UC or someone else that has to go down there

it's just simply my opinion that Middleton is the better team. That was my first time to see them this year. And Middleton has no one mentioned for Miss Basketball... That's because no one from that district post on here. Deja Faulkner is definitely one of the three best players in Single A regardless if she gets nominated as a junior this year or not. Whoever loses region championship will not go to Middleton and win whether it be GC or UC or someone else that has to go down there

Sounds like they should be the fav to win state this year I like our girls chances whoever they play wherever they play them. I guess if GC doesn't upset UC and win the region they should just pack it up and fold up the tents because there season is done right!

Sounds like they should be the fav to win state this year I like our girls chances whoever they play wherever they play them. I guess if GC doesn't upset UC and win the region they should just pack it up and fold up the tents because there season is done right!

I don't think we will go to Middleton and win, no.... However, the game would still have to be played. And yes, I could see Middleton making a run at state if they get there. The west will be represented quite well regardless of who gets there. Between Gibson, UC, Middleton... Any of those 3 will do fine at state. I'm just being real....

That solid Mississippi team is 10-11 according to unapproved website....

Yea, with a 5'11 wing who was NAIA caliber and an undersized PG who could go (typical of most solid 1A teams around here).... they weren't a bad team and Middleton still beat them by like 30 (which was their worst loss of the year) after it was only like a 9 point game at halftime. Twist it however you want  to, but Middleton is still the best of the 3, in my opinion. Depth, speed, size, shooters, coaching... it's all there for them. If you guys don't believe me, go watch them for yourselves and form your opinion and get back with me and we'll compare opinions. And while I'm on this rant, Deja Faulkner is still the best Single A player in West TN. If Middleton does get upset and goes to UC for sub-state, I think UC is favored due to home court advantage, but I don't see either of us going to Middleton and coming away with a W.

Yea, with a 5'11 wing who was NAIA caliber and an undersized PG who could go (typical of most solid 1A teams around here).... they weren't a bad team and Middleton still beat them by like 30 (which was their worst loss of the year) after it was only like a 9 point game at halftime. Twist it however you want  to, but Middleton is still the best of the 3, in my opinion. Depth, speed, size, shooters, coaching... it's all there for them. If you guys don't believe me, go watch them for yourselves and form your opinion and get back with me and we'll compare opinions. And while I'm on this rant, Deja Faulkner is still the best Single A player in West TN. If Middleton does get upset and goes to UC for sub-state, I think UC is favored due to home court advantage, but I don't see either of us going to Middleton and coming away with a W.

You're right Pioneer, when Middleton's supporting cast plays well they'll give most anyone a fit. #42 in the post and #5 beyond the arc are rock steady, but I've seen the other post players get lazy at times and their other shooters go cold. They have an arsenal of quick, athletic guards and a good press...if ball handling is an issue, your in for a long night, and halfcourt D is very good. Time will tell but they're capable. Oakhaven has been highly touted before in 1A, they came to regionals ranked #2 in state with two or three "college prospects" and a gaudy record...Scotts Hill sent them home in the semi's. Edited by tradertwo

You're right Pioneer, when Middleton's supporting cast plays well they'll give most anyone a fit. #42 in the post and #5 beyond the arc are rock steady, but I've seen the other post players get lazy at times and their other shooters go cold. They have an arsenal of quick, athletic guards and a good press...if ball handling is an issue, your in for a long night, and halfcourt D is very good. Time will tell but they're capable. Oakhaven has been highly touted before in 1A, they came to regionals ranked #2 in state with two or three "college prospects" and a gaudy record...Scotts Hill sent them home in the semi's.

Thanks for backing up what I was saying. I could very well see Middleton being a team of streaks as far as shooting. But this Middleton team is definitely different from years past as this team can actually shoot it. In years past, they would rely heavily off of just gettin to the basket.

Thanks for backing up what I was saying. I could very well see Middleton being a team of streaks as far as shooting. But this Middleton team is definitely different from years past as this team can actually shoot it. In years past, they would rely heavily off of just gettin to the basket.

The scary thing is that they still go to the basket to set up the offense, and they're very good at the four to six foot "runners" off the corners...collapse to stop it and they have three guards who can shoot the three ball, shift the post to stop it and they'll kill you inside. In re-reading my post they sound maybe better than they really are(or maybe not), but the point is that they don't really have a weakness...other than being teenage kids. If you're going to beat them, don't leave #5 outside or # 42 anywhere on the floor and take your chances with the rest.

The scary thing is that they still go to the basket to set up the offense, and they're very good at the four to six foot "runners" off the corners...collapse to stop it and they have three guards who can shoot the three ball, shift the post to stop it and they'll kill you inside. In re-reading my post they sound maybe better than they really are(or maybe not), but the point is that they don't really have a weakness...other than being teenage kids. If you're going to beat them, don't leave #5 outside or # 42 anywhere on the floor and take your chances with the rest.

I agree fully with what you said here. And in agreeing with this proved more validity to what I said about Middleton being just as good if not better spot for spot on the floor with Union City.