SouthSide

superrog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side has a better chance of being beat in their district this year than they do in region play, which is crazy to say. Bolivar having a down year really makes it even easier to do so. The switching up of the districts makes it very tough for a 15 AA team to get to state now and a cakewalk for a 14 AA team. Basically, South Side should make it to the Boro with no problems. The only task is making sure they don't slip up in the region championship because if and when they do play Haywood, whether it is in sub-state or at Murfreesboro, the better of the two teams will win and from watching both play this year that's definitely Haywood.

I would give them more than just a slight edge no matter when it is honestly. South Side only has three players. Haywood plays almost ten deep and they are all legit. I mean these boys come in and out and never stopping hustling. Personally though, I would love to see this game if and when it takes place. :popcorneater:

u also appear to be a tarheel fan...so we can deduct some points from ur opinion

go blue devils!!!

South Side has only 3 players.They were a lot better last year.They lost 2 good players in Fuller and Merriweather. I watched them at the Poplar Bluff tournament and they have started getting contributions from a couple of their young players. I think they will make it to State.I think Haywood will make it also.I haven't seen Haywood play yet but hope to get to watch them.Haywood is so loaded, that they lost 2 guys to Covington last year and I think 1 to USJ this year.

we will see eventually...merriweather was special...barford can take anyone to the bucket at will...hicks is a year older and mcneal is really starting to come into his own...hes learning to carry them when the others arent making things happen

ill take SS in that matchup...they have size and speed...haywood hasnt proven anything yet...no pressure situations...they struggled with liberty for 3 quarters...so neither team is head and shoulders above the other...will make for 1 fantastic basketball game

we will see eventually...merriweather was special...barford can take anyone to the bucket at will...hicks is a year older and mcneal is really starting to come into his own...hes learning to carry them when the others arent making things happen

ill take SS in that matchup...they have size and speed...haywood hasnt proven anything yet...no pressure situations...they struggled with liberty for 3 quarters...so neither team is head and shoulders above the other...will make for 1 fantastic basketball game

Haywood lost to that SS team last year by 3 points. All of those guys are back and are a year older as well. The Tomcats are 17-0 right now, what more do you want them to prove? They can only beat who is on the schedule. They did struggle in the game with Liberty, what high school team doesn't struggle some nights. They struggled and won by 16. I'll take it!!! Who has SS beat that shows they have "proved" something? Please answer that. If this was CPA we were talking about people would be ranting and raving about the team.