8a Tournament

TC04

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw in paper this week that GP has the top scorer in middle TN, they may be hard for Clarkrange or JC to handle

It's not hard for that to happen given how weak this district is. I still think Goodpasture wins this district but Watertown is a better team than I give them credit for. The district winner will move on to the semis of the region. The winner should get Clay County and should beat them but after that Clarkrange, JC, and Pickett should take the other 3 games. The Pickett Co vs Watertown/Goodpasture game could be a good one though.

I will stick with Watertown winning the district tonight and they will be strong contenders for the next two to three seasons as well.

I agree with you.  I like the young players on Watertown's team and I see them winning the district the next couple of years. 

How do you not win the district tournament on your home floor with 5 all-district team players and the coach of the year?  Goodpasture should have had more than 3 all-district team players and their coach should have been coach of the year.  I believe the district coaches wanted to stick it to Goodpasture as much as they could.  Glad games are decided on the basketball floor and not by voting.

I agree with you.  I like the young players on Watertown's team and I see them winning the district the next couple of years. 

How do you not win the district tournament on your home floor with 5 all-district team players and the coach of the year?  Goodpasture should have had more than 3 all-district team players and their coach should have been coach of the year.  I believe the district coaches wanted to stick it to Goodpasture as much as they could.  Glad games are decided on the basketball floor and not by voting.

Should be an interesting game between Goodpasture and Clarkrange in the semi's next week.