Notre Dame vs. Knox Catholic

volahol

QSouth,

I know who your daughter and son are and I know that you pay full tuition. However, you and I both know that Dickie has had quite a few players in several programs,primarily football though, who received a little help from the school. Or their parents performed some work for the school that allowed them to get tuition assistance. I can name names and dates etc but this is not the forum to do so. Some of the kids getting help have left. I know that one basketball player from.out of state who ended up going to another local school, and much better basketball program, was offered financial help. That's a fact. The kid and his parents confirmed it to me. Catholic not alone though. Some other public and privates hard at it too. One over in Karns comes to mind.

Edited by HardAngle

http://1saxj2i1vq934y49o1o3msw9lu.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Catholic-Schools-Annual-Report-13-14.pdf

The 2013-2014 Annual Report says "$3.5 million was contributed to direct supplemental tuition support", "Two-thirds of the students at Knoxville Catholic High School participate in one or more of the 20 school-sponsored sports", "Notre Dame High School offers 16 varsity sports. Seventy-five percent of our students are involved in at least one sport."

Sounds like a lot of financial aide going to the non-athletes. :roll:

http://1saxj2i1vq934y49o1o3msw9lu.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Catholic-Schools-Annual-Report-13-14.pdf

The 2013-2014 Annual Report says "$3.5 million was contributed to direct supplemental tuition support", "Two-thirds of the students at Knoxville Catholic High School participate in one or more of the 20 school-sponsored sports", "Notre Dame High School offers 16 varsity sports. Seventy-five percent of our students are involved in at least one sport."

Sounds like a lot of financial aide going to the non-athletes. :roll:

To answer your question, yes it really is. You have to apply for assistance and the application has nothing that indicates if you're an athlete or not. You fill out the catholic charities form you have to list your income and when you apply for assistance through your church you have to show need. And the assistance the church gives is not that much. Since you're pasting articles go by any Catholic Church and ask for a copy of the forms. Some Churches are literally broke, they raise money through donations to survive, they don't have finances to fund just athletes. Send me your address and I'll mail you both applications. They just don't identify athletes. This is getting old. July 16th you'll get your wish, there will be a split and hopefully we can discuss football. Edited by QSouth89

To answer your question, yes it really is. You have to apply for assistance and the application has nothing that indicates if you're an athlete or not. You fill out the catholic charities form you have to list your income and when you apply for assistance through your church you have to show need. And the assistance the church gives is not that much. Since you're pasting articles go by any Catholic Church and ask for a copy of the forms. Some Churches are literally broke, they raise money through donations to survive, they don't have finances to fund just athletes. Send me your address and I'll mail you both applications. They just don't identify athletes. This is getting old. July 16th you'll get your wish, there will be a split and hopefully we can discuss football.

you have to understand Troll, Q.....he hates him a catholic.....he is also a stone caster, even though he throws around more cash at the North Red Bank Mountain program than a rapper at the Cheetah....he has started to slowly come around and show a little love for the Irish over time; he just hasnt openly come out of that specific closet yet

Booger just sayin pole_by_krissi001-d6fqo5s.gif

you have to understand Troll, Q.....he hates him a catholic.....he is also a stone caster, even though he throws around more cash at the North Red Bank Mountain program than a rapper at the Cheetah....he has started to slowly come around and show a little love for the Irish over time; he just hasnt openly come out of that specific closet yet

I enjoy the Troll-Booger rivalry! this is getting good :popcorneater: