Question for Coaches and parents

bigbluevolley

I'll speak for my school:

I've only been at the school for 6 years and we currently only have 2 playing in college.  I make a point to keep up with their careers after high school.  I attend games for each and talk with them on occasion to check on them.  You will also see them working out with our current team during the summer and getting touches on the ball at practice when they can and want.

On the other side, we also keep a good relationship with girls not playing in college.  There are alumni at almost all home games.  We even have a gig for alumni.  I pay the college girls $10 a match to call the lines for the varsity games.  This way parents can watch their daughters and not worry about calling lines.  We also benefit from great line judges!  Also, what college kid can't use $10.  It is a win-win situation for us.

We also have an Alumni Night every season where we invite former players and coaches to a game and introduce them before the match.  We have a little meet and greet prior to the match and everyone seems to love catching up.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic