Black Ops

2Players

I looked to find out more about this topic just to see what everyone's opinion is, but I couldn't find it so excuse me if i'm bringing up an old issue.  My daughter is a decent volleyball player but hasn't been playing long at all.  Our first real experience was middle school volleyball with a parent coach who was very inexperienced so club volleyball was our first real introduction and we've been hooked since.  After playing in high school we were very disappointed.  I was told about Black Ops from a friend (apparently it's not advertised) and was advised to go and watch a session to see if I thought it was right for my child.  I came out of it with a positive opinion of it.  Plus, the day I was there Purdue, Kentucky, and UT scouts were there to watch also.  This was shocking because there were only 7 girls there at the time training and it was mostly weights, and physical conditioning.  When they did involve an actual volleyball it was pretty intense.  Is this what our kids need at this age?  Is it too much?  I'm worried that she would be missing out on the high school experience, but she would physically get so much better.  Just curious about your thoughts.  Please don't make this a pro K2 or anti-K2 thing.  

HardAngle, I didn't really know that it was a secret.  I mean, if it is it's the worst kept one in Knoxville.  From what I saw that day it didn't look like there was any damage being done to the kids by any means, just seemed so different from what I expected. It's kind of sad that you either play high school and get no real training or your option is 3 hours of intense training. I could totally see the benefits of both and I was just trying to get an opinion of what was really important to parents in general for their kid.  The experience of high school or the strictly physical aspect of the Black Ops training?  Btw, there are all kinds of questions being asked on this board.  If you don't like mine than you can move on. 

I think black ops is an awesome program. Not really a secret at all, just a super cool name that the girls like! It is for the elite athlete that is going to play D1 volleyball. It is intense, but the results are fantastic. It is NOT for everyone. It is a high impact program geared to the elite athlete. We talked about this in another thread, the one about the elite athlete not playing high school and using that time for extra training.

Hard Angle, any word on where the Catholic coach is headed?

Clifford20, I don't think that it is just for the elite athletes.  I asked several questions while I was there because I know that my child isn't at that level yet (the college scouts there were a little intimidating). True enough 4 of the girls are D1 prospects, but 1 of those is for beach not court.  1 girl doesn't have volleyball at her school so she's doing this. 1 girl isn't a prospect at all and was on a 2 team last year so she just wants to get better.  2 of the girls in the program (that weren't there that day) are in middle school.  Also, I learned today that you don't have to come every single day.  There is a part time option.  That makes me feel much better.  Anyway, I think it's for anyone who wants to do it.  K2Ruth, i'll check on that.  I'm a little scared to though..lol.