Predictions for 2014 State Tournaments

Mamawvolley

THATwas a day of volleyball! OMG!

I have been a wood fan for 20 plus years, that was the most exciting finals day every.

First, CAK, I thought the war with Signal was amazing. AA was a tougher bracket than AAA this year. Catholic and Dyersburg either one could have made it, but CAK did, great job!

Farragut, hats off. I thought we were toast. You pushed us to the limit!

Finally, it is clear that what has been happening for the last few years has been realized, East Tenn has passed Middle Tenn for volleyball superiority. I know that is not popular, but not only have they caught up, they have passed us. Why? I think two things, they have two really good clubs with alt of girls playing, and we are diluted with too many schools, not enough coaches.

For years the only teams that ever came out of East TN were Sullivan South and Anderson County. Now Farragut, CAK, Knoxville Catholic, and Webb are as good if not better than anybody we have. CAK and Signal could have been in the AAA finals. Good clubs and great competition have made the East the region. Now, Wood, Siegal, Ravenwood, Ryan, Page and the others are going to work hard this off season to get back on top.

For Brentwood, little sisters this one made me cry. The Wood has been the standard for thirty years. I love you all.

B Babe

I will have to agree to disagree. Its no secret that I am a CAK but Brentwood and Farragut are on another level. I was hoping for the Knoxville sweep but the way your girls came back to win was amazing. They were poised and never panicked. I will agree that this was a great 3 days of volleyball.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Things don’t change that dramatically all at once lol. Fulton is the result of a few decades, at least. But yeah, my main point is the obviousness of all the kids he’s brought in there. 
    • Ever heard of fulton high school? Things change Im not saying your wrong or right. I just think that AC is worried Clinton might catch them if whatever they are doing continues. I know he is bringing kids in
    • Both places Woods has been at have gotten better pretty quickly after his arrival. If you can win consistently in Metro while having to fend off the vultures from picking your roster clean, your doing something right
    • They typically have a handful of black kids (nothing at all wrong with that, it’s great), but these past few years both sides of the ball have been primarily black kids. Again, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, in general, all I’m saying is that the past few seasons or so, the teams demographics just doesn’t match what it has been, historically speaking. And that didn’t start, until Keith got there. That’s all I’m saying. Rather odd how that just starts magically happening ever since he got there.  
    • I have always known Clinton and the football team to be diverse. Not saying its like Knox but I would say more so than you're leading onto. Maybe more kids are wanting to play for a minority coach like that OL that commityed to Colorado over UT due to Deion "looking like him"- Jordan Seaton