GCA at Jefferson County

gcapride

Honestly not being a smart "A" here but what do you mean? I know that you have to play some kids both ways, heck even Alcoa with 90 plus players does it. But GCA actually has more players on the roster than CAK. So they may be 2A vs CAK being 3A, but where CAK has 60 including injured, I believe 2A GCA has right at 70, at least that is what the PrepXtra mag shows.

#'s mean nothing. It's how many of that # can actually play. We have 20 or so that can actually play varsity ball. This guy is from Maryville and I just pegged him on who he is.....

#'s mean nothing. It's how many of that # can actually play. We have 20 or so that can actually play varsity ball. This guy is from Maryville and I just pegged him on who he is.....

I feel ya. We don't know the meaning of the word "depth." It is the reality of being a small school. Even if your starters are great, you probably have freshmen backing them up. I know we even started some freshmen this year and last. Nature of being a small school.

Back in the day, I followed an 6A program that would dress about 100 without counting any freshmen. These are not those days, and this is not the same team lol. But I will say that on any given night, I would take my Warriors over many of those big teams as long as we could stay healthy and not have to dip into the freshmen. It's just asking a lot for a 9th grader to compete with a 12th grader.

I know who I am and yes I do know about 2-A football and it's limits but GCA has more than 20 players that are capable of playing varsity football because I've seen them twice this year.I set and watched the JV team win over Clinton JV in the jamboree last week that have at least five or six kids that are very capable of being in those spots on a 2-A field. The JV team played a harder team in the jamboree than the varsity played. Maryville Junior High could play with Claiborne County and that's no joke. I thought GCA had a chance in the game last night but my gut told me the way they ride a horse until it can't even walk would be the reason they wouldn't and also not making changes when it's evident someone is killing you. What I see in GCA is a team that has the players and the smarts to win at 2-A and yes they have enough to spread out to keep fresh players on both sides of the ball. Maybe jumping to play a 6-A team was a stretch but the game really got out of hand more due to the poor play of certain kids that should have been set out if their not responding good to the game that is in front of them. I have a die hard friend from Jefferson that told me he couldn't believe what they were seeing and the coach wouldn't make  changes. GCA has a much better team from what I saw than what disaster that took place last night. Someone also mentioned Alcoa playing kids both ways with 90 out for football. Rankin is also the mindset of small time football and that is the reason he takes the same kids that beat Maryville all the way from midgets to the freshman level and lose at the high school level to the Rebels. Believe me I wish your team great success this year and would love to see them win the state because you have the horses up front to do the job but I also see the weakness that could hinder them from it.

Well, as I read the quotes from last night game I can't help remember the number of people on here who said GC would win and win easily. Someone was wondering why no JCHS fans are not talking about the game before last night. Unlike some on here predictions are not OUR thing. Maybe next time it will not be GC fans thing either. Do not count a team out because they were 2-8 last year or how a team plays in scrimmage. I have no idea how JCHS will do the rest of the season, but as for last nights game 48-21 is a butt kicking no matter how you slice it !

As far as players having to play both ways, JCHS has several players going both ways, its just the nature of the game ( best eleven on the field). TO's happened to both teams, more so for GC, passes dropped, tackles missed, blowned coverages and refs miiing a call are part of the game. So I hope GC has a good season from here on out, just don't make more excuses for them if GC loses.

GO PATRIOTS !!

Well, as I read the quotes from last night game I can't help remember the number of people on here who said GC would win and win easily. Someone was wondering why no JCHS fans are not talking about the game before last night. Unlike some on here predictions are not OUR thing. Maybe next time it will not be GC fans thing either. Do not count a team out because they were 2-8 last year or how a team plays in scrimmage. I have no idea how JCHS will do the rest of the season, but as for last nights game 48-21 is a butt kicking no matter how you slice it !

As far as players having to play both ways, JCHS has several players going both ways, its just the nature of the game ( best eleven on the field). TO's happened to both teams, more so for GC, passes dropped, tackles missed, blowned coverages and refs miiing a call are part of the game. So I hope GC has a good season from here on out, just don't make more excuses for them if GC loses.

GO PATRIOTS !!

Dang! You GCA fans takes that! JCpat just gave you all some buttwhip cream for your humble pie. I think he was telling you all to follow rule #76 from the movie wedding Crashers which reads, "No excuses, play like a champion"

GO PATRIOTS !!

Talk all you can right now brother.