• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knightsfan

Top AA teams

16 posts in this topic

Top AA teams from around the state. Would like to hear from west, middle and east Tennessee.

Just based on what I have seen and heard so far I would have to say a lot of the same from last year will be in the conversation.

Catholic did well at the Early bird tournament, as well as Sullivan South. CAK (I am told has a lot of talent). I have heard Page is looking pretty good. Signal Mountain seems to look good. I can't tell yet if Hume-Fogg or Harpeth should be on this list or not. Would like to hear about west TN, as I do not know enough about that area to say what teams should or should not be mentioned. These are just some and would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

BTW there is a volleyball ranking website being used by a lot of teams for Tennessee. Would like to see more teams use it or their scores entered. Here is a link  http://www.tennesseevolleyballrankings.com/

Edited by knightsfan

CAK has the most talent in Knoxville and I would expect them to be the favorite to win the state. However, Catholic and Sullivan South both did better in the Early Bird. I really liked SS setter, number 1.

Edited by ScottRoss5

In the state I don't really see anyone beating CAK if they play to there talent level. They are big and pass well. Still I can't explain what happened at the Early Bird. EB were you there?

CAK, Catholic and Sullivan South are three of the best eight teams in AA.  However, under the rules, only two will punch a ticket to the state tournament.  It will all depend on who is playing the best during the regional and sectional contests.  Signal Mountain and Page will be there is well.

I think it will be CAK and Catholic, I loved South and I assume CAK will win the region, and South theirs, but I like the Catholic team.

Signal lost to Notre Dame 3-1 Notre Dame played poorly against CAK in the earlybird but CAK didn't seem very impressive. ND playes Catholic next week. It should be a good contest. ND's got talent but depth is an issue. ND split with South I think, preseason.

Edited by goldenhammer

If Notre Dame beat Signal Mountain, they should have a pretty good chance to make it to state. There could be two representatives from the same district. Last year, Red Bank made it to state with a losing record from Region 3. How does Region 3 look this year?

Depth is an issue for most AA schools so luck will probably play a part.