Summer Opportunities

goblue1

I see alot of people already talking about summer opportunities. We did this tournament last year and everyone had 4-6 matches and we were all done before 2. We had guys from Independence, Beech, Siegel, Centennial , Page, Harpeth, clarksville area and more. We had around 90 guys last year and had a pretty big hospitality room. I know there are many options going on that month and even that weekend but I wanted to throw this out there for anyone that is looking for great mat time in a different unique atmposhere.  

Here is the flyer please just email me if you want to bring your team and we can get the numbers later. I am hoping to get over 120 this year. 5 or more matches and out by 2pm.

[email protected]

Cougar Challenge

Tournament Format:

3-4 Mats and hoping for at least 16 man brackets.

• (1) 3 Minute period (hoping for 5-8 matches per wrestler)
  • 1 Minute sudden victory overtime
    • Still tied after 4mins of wrestling the official will flip a coin.
  • No Referee’s Position
  • Out of bounds or lack of activity result in a neutral start
  • 10 point technical fall
  • No escape point (contested or not)
  • 10 second opportunity to turn the opponent before neutral start.
    • The ten second rule restarts after each point scored.
    • 10 second clock does not start while opponent is in the near fall criteria.

Weight Classes:

105;115;125;135;145;155;165;175;190;210;240;285

-Tournament officials have the ability to block weight classes if needed.

Cost: $20 per wrester

- Pre registration required.

-When: June 4th weigh ins 8am wrestling starts at 9:30

-Where: Centennial High School

5050 Mallory Lane Franklin TN

Wrestler:  _______________________

Projected Weight Class: ___________  2016-2017 grade level __________

School or Club: _____________________

Last Year’s Results (for seeding) ______________________

Contact Info:        _______________________

Waiver Form

AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

READ BEFORE SIGNING

In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Centennial High Schools Cougar Clash Tournament and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:

1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program could be significant and while I understand the tournament will take all the precautions to try and prevent such an injury I do not hold them responsible in one should occur.

2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately;

I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

_________________________________________________    DATE SIGNED:______________________

(Participant's Signature)

FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE

(UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)

This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above,    

DATE

(Parent/Guardian Signature) _____________________________

Emergency Phone Number:_(________)_________________

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Lebanon to the Cougar Challenge

Current teams committed

Beech

Centennial

Clarksville

Coffee County

Dickson County

MBA

Sycamore

Wilson Central

West Creek

Shelbyville

Lawrence County

Mt Juliet

Lebanon

Go to be a great day to come get 4 or more matches and be out early enough to enjoy the day.

Add Lebanon to the Cougar Challenge

Current teams committed

Beech

Centennial

Clarksville

Coffee County

Dickson County

MBA

Sycamore

Wilson Central

West Creek

Shelbyville

Lawrence County

Mt Juliet

Lebanon

Go to be a great day to come get 4 or more matches and be out early enough to enjoy the day.

Add Stratford to the list. Going to be a great day of wrestling with 14 teams signed up so far. Would love to get some east and west TN teams as well as more D2.