Maryville State Champions

K2ruth

Coach Hames has assembled the greatest high school team in Tennessee history at Maryville. They now have the best coach in the state, the two best players to ever play in this state, and a supporting cast of Division 1 signees. They will not lose a set. Football at Maryville just took a back seat to volleyball!

Coach Hames has assembled the greatest high school team in Tennessee history at Maryville. They now have the best coach in the state, the two best players to ever play in this state, and a supporting cast of Division 1 signees. They will not lose a set. Football at Maryville just took a back seat to volleyball!

Have to disagree. I don't think they've been a team yet that could have handled the lady bears back in the 90s. Best players to ever come out of this state was on those teams. They was dominate

Obviously not a volleyball fan. This team will start every position as a Division 1 signee with Mc and H playing for Nebraska next season.

You're correct. I have not followed volleyball since the 90s much. Kept up from time to time. Not trying or gonna argue with you. Especially over volleyball. I looked on TSSAA website. Has Maryville even won a state in volleyball or even been to the playoffs? Am I reading all the state championships and brackets wrong? You must be s volleyball mom. I'm not trying to bad mouth Maryville at all. I would at least try to win a state at the least before I would say "the greatest team ever in Tennessee " if this years team is gonna be really good and not lose a set, what happened last year? Same team? Young?

I'm not even saying the late 80 and early 90s Bradley teams are the best, but I would put them up there in the top 3 and players also. They've got all the info and banners you wanna know hanging up in the gym. Bradley is known for their history of having great teams and players. No matter the sport. We produce the best athletes in Tennessee. From volleyball, Bball, football to wrestling. That being said, good luck to your kid or Maryville!! Always great to see Tennessee kids go to big time schools such as Nebraska and where ever. Hope it sticks out!

Well. I saw volleyball when Kirkmans girls won it. Bradley won the first one for them in the 80s. Amy Geren won two in the 90s. Was MVP in both. Also only player to be on the runner up team and win the MVP in BBall. Very smart player. That said I've kept up with it. And traveled some to the Bog South in club. Peach tree and other places. The game is different even scored different now. As good as those Bradley tes were the girls playing today in the finals year in year out would beat them in straight sets. They are more complete and now you have girls hitting straight down running 1s etc. The Webb team wasn't huge last year but they were awesome could hit from anywhere the back line at is different also. K2 out of knoxville is a great feeder for many schools in that area. They built it and deserve all the credit they can get. Brentwood and Siegel and a few other also right there. I don't keep up with names anymore. To old. Can someone tell me who the hitter for Webb was last year I believe she had a sister who played also. Either way she was the best hitter I saw most consistent. Good luck to all

Well. I saw volleyball when Kirkmans girls won it. Bradley won the first one for them in the 80s. Amy Geren won two in the 90s. Was MVP in both. Also only player to be on the runner up team and win the MVP in BBall. Very smart player. That said I've kept up with it. And traveled some to the Bog South in club. Peach tree and other places. The game is different even scored different now. As good as those Bradley tes were the girls playing today in the finals year in year out would beat them in straight sets. They are more complete and now you have girls hitting straight down running 1s etc. The Webb team wasn't huge last year but they were awesome could hit from anywhere the back line at is different also. K2 out of knoxville is a great feeder for many schools in that area. They built it and deserve all the credit they can get. Brentwood and Siegel and a few other also right there. I don't keep up with names anymore. To old. Can someone tell me who the hitter for Webb was last year I believe she had a sister who played also. Either way she was the best hitter I saw most consistent. Good luck to all

Thanks for the new update lol. Like I said, I really haven't been following volleyball in years. I just knew Bradley was darn good and had darn good college girls also. Guess I'll have to start following it a little more since me and couple of my friends are cousins and good friends with the new Rhea County coach. She wants us to come watch her. Told her we'll be there in August when Bradley comes to town to support them Bears haha. Guess I'll get caught up in the game this year!

I believe you and K2ruth are talking about the same girls if I'm reading this correctly. The Hames sisters. Their parents run K2. And if I'm interpreting K2 right she's saying Mom is the new Maryville coach and her daughters are following her from Webb to Maryville?

I believe you and K2ruth are talking about the same girls if I'm reading this correctly. The Hames sisters. Their parents run K2. And if I'm interpreting K2 right she's saying Mom is the new Maryville coach and her daughters are following her from Webb to Maryville?

Wow. Well that would explain it and they would give them a shot for sure.