Maryville State Champions

K2ruth

Honestley have to see first who is eligible and then watch them play. Farragut and Hardin Valley have a lot of talent so I look forward to the battles.

The best teams I've seen were the Kat Huson Ravenwood teams and the Hunter Thompson Brentwood teams. I would've love to have seen the 2009 DB team but that was before my volleyball time.

Chill is correct if the Jay guy coached them in any type of club team or summer league they will not be eligible with a change of address. This is assuming they are not 8th graders. This rule has been put into place to help stop AAU bball recruitment. Ask the 3 former bball coaches at Harriman about it.

Not punishing the players. The rule is designed to stop club/AAU/travel baseball/etc coaches from influencing school choice. The girls in question are leaving their home school to go to the school where the club director coaches. This rule makes it very clear that the TSSAA believes this is recruiting. They believe it is blatant recruiting to the point that a change of address doesn't outweigh coach influence. It was designed to stop a certain Nashville private school basketball coach from getting players he was training to transfer. Whether he was influencing or the kid/parents made a decision doesn't matter to the TSSAA anymore. If a kid has been coached/trained/worked out in the last 12 months, the kid can not then transfer to that coach's school.

The rule might seem unfair from one side, but the other side doesn't feel the same. I am not a believer in transferring when a school has invested a spot in a certain individual that could of went to another kid who lost the opportunity to be a part of that team. Now another kid or two will lose a spot because of the transfer. Too many have forgotten that the kids should come first in high school athletics.

Plus it has been stated by k2 that they don't need high school anyway. So why bother with transferring.