• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

• Announcements

• CoachT

Report Scores to CoachT.com   08/12/2017

There are several choices for reporting scores to CoachT.com! In-game scores (updates during game) can be added on the Scoreboard by CoachT Plus members only All members can add final scores on our Scoreboard All members can add final scores on our Mobile Scoreboard All members can TEXT the finals to 615-763-9150 All members can leave a voicemail at 1-877-9COACHT (1-877-926-2248). You can also call that number to hear final scores wherever you are.
Sign in to follow this  
K2ruth

Maryville State Champions

K2ruth    2

The parents who care about this rule, and the schools who care about the students like Maryville, will fight for the athlete. This rule will kill high school sports. People will only choose to play club where they can get real coaching!

Respectfully, every starter at Webb transfered from another school to play for coach Hames. They won multiple state championships. No one said anything. This is going to happen at Maryville. No one at Bearden or the other schools has complained because it is best for the girls. Maryville and Coach will allow anyone good enough to play at Maryville to come. You can't tell me that this doesn't occur with football. Under your reading of this rule what's to stop coach Hames from just running practice and sitting behind the bench to coach?

Are you sure no one at any of the schools in the District/Region are going to mind that Hames has gone against TSSAA regs to build a super team?  That's awfully naive thinking on your part.  If you were a coach at Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley, etc....you're telling me you'd be ok with stacking the deck like that?  

Solomon    21

Webb is a private school in D-2, they can legally recruit. It's kind of interesting that you fail to see the difference. Maryville football kids come as freshman which is legal. Freshman can go to a school where their club coach works because they have not established an athletic record at another high school. Lastly, the football coaches only coach MHS football. They are not coaching on the 7v7 circuit and intentionally drawing kids to their school.

D2 cannot recruit.

Solomon    21

The parents who care about this rule, and the schools who care about the students like Maryville, will fight for the athlete. This rule will kill high school sports. People will only choose to play club where they can get real coaching!

This cat has more bravado that ol' stars himself.

anotherback    27

Thre is no recruiting. Why should these girls be denied their right to play with their club coach?

They're not. They can still play club with them unless they become a head coach. Why change the rules for one team. Nobody made anyone take the coaching job at a highschool. Why didn't said coach look into the rules that were in place before they took the job if they were all about the players that played club for them? Just asking.

If I cared about these players, yes.

That's ridiculous. How is that in the best interest of the girls on the team other than winning? Most of these girls are already committed/signed to play in college so that's not the motivation. So what is the real motivation other than Hames wanting to use the high school team as his off club season practice team? I hope the Farragut, Hardin Valley & Bearden parents raise absolute h*ll.

There is zero way any of those schools say a word. They depend on K2 to teach their girls.

Wow.  I get that you've drunk the K2 kool-aid but that is an unbelievable statement to make.  What percentage of the players on the Farragut, Hardin Valley & Bearden teams actually play for K2?  Why do you think K2 is untouchable?  Do you think the TSSAA gives a flip about K2?  I'm not sure how you think a bunch of parents can fight a state-wide regulation just because they don't want to follow the rules?

I will look forward to following this story & seeing what happens.