Metro Rankings

bleacher

9 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

You must be associated at a school that loses kids. I never said I agree with the practice but this has been happening for years and it will never go away just face the facts jack! Recruiting parents is the issue not kids. The parents will send their kid where a program is in stable condition and their child can compete. I don't understand why you guys act as if this is a new issue. PC will always get kids because year in year out they go far in the playoffs and their kids go off to college .

Read your post dumb A. " If you ain't recruiting you ain't trying." You never said you did not agree with your post. Never said it was a new issue. Just saying it is unethical practice. And yes, if a parent wants their child to go to a school that is all good. Illegal recruiting is coaches going out and exploiting their program to kids not zoned to their school. My concern with that coach is that he must not be a good coach without all the best talent.

Edited by fb247

5 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Read your post dumb A. " If you ain't recruiting you ain't trying." You never said you did not agree with your post. Never said it was a new issue. Just saying it is unethical practice. And yes, if a parent wants their child to go to a school that is all good. Illegal recruiting is coaches going out and exploiting their program to kids not zoned to their school. My concern with that coach is that he must not be a good coach without all the best talent.

sarcasm buddy...... so What is your solution Einstein

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

This is like beating a dead horse with some of you guys in this Co-op thing. PC is not the only Co-op School in Metro Nor the state. When PC was 3-7 MLK was still there. PC normally plays up a class but when we drop down this year it seems like it was a big deal. Funny that when we was in 4a saying that 4a was weak there's no good ball in for 4a and we're running from the 3a teams and Alcoa. People like you say PC should be playing in 6a"The smallest metro school" Now moving away from Pc the big problem would be you have schools who do coops and not winning nothing or they do win but there in a smaller divisions. Some of them 2a who be bumped up to 4a schools and programs would die from 1-15 players. What everybody came to a conclusion on here in another post was that it will be multiple lawsuits also about denying kids to play. Then how would your fairly add that to each school who coops? Rememer we are not just talking about football because you have basketball, wrestling,soccer,swimming etc.

Please understand that I don't care who co-ops with another school those numbers should be combined.  If you don't wish to have the numbers combined, don't co-op with another school.  You want to talk about multiple lawsuits don't forget that some of the D1AAA schools may have case against the TSSAA for allowing PC and MLK to combine students but failing to force PC to play in a higher division.  

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

I am not concerned about nationwide, just Metro. It is wrong wherever it occurs. I know it is nationwide. It just shows me that coaches want at win at all and every cost and not just coach the kids that are wanting to be in their building.

FYI, this is done by the school district in other major cities (inner cities) across the country.  Maybe you need to get out and walk around the block to see how others are doing things.  The problem with MNPS is everyone is so jealous that they will not just copy what other successful cities are doing.  They always want to try and reinvent the wheel.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Please understand that I don't care who co-ops with another school those numbers should be combined.  If you don't wish to have the numbers combined, don't co-op with another school.  You want to talk about multiple lawsuits don't forget that some of the D1AAA schools may have case against the TSSAA for allowing PC and MLK to combine students but failing to force PC to play in a higher division.  

We don't care what you think either. If it was a problem trust me TSSAA wouldn't let PC do it. So you want to combine enrollment off 8 players actually coming out from MLK? That's ridiculous and you sound silly.

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, cbg said:

Until MNPS figure out a way to get kids home after athletic practices you will continue to see numbers drop.  The simple facts are that many students do not participate in extra curricular activities because they DO NOT have a ride home after practice.  In many other cities around the country schools have an activity bus that provides transportation to ALL STUDENTS that participate in after school activities.  I have always said that if kids are on an athletic field or in a smelly gym they are not out getting into trouble.  Transportation would be less expensive than jail!

Agree 100%. You are spot on. 

The part about schools not having football and choosing Co-op is you can only have a co-op agreement with one other school So if Glencliff dropped football they could not co op with Pearl, Hillwood or East for sure.

Also,  once you enter into a co-op agreement you cannot start a program back up at your school for several years after. I guess to keep them from just going back and forth year to year.

Deciding to co-op a sport basically means you have no thoughts of ever having that sport on campus again. Pretty big decision for a large school to make.

1 hour ago, bleacher said:

Yea metro, spend millions on upgrades at Glencliff and then allow them to drop football. Genius...

A zone change is needed for Glencliff and possibly others. I do not see football being eliminated at any metro school. There are some small enrollment schools that have been mentioned closing and becoming used as middle schools. 

Edited by runtheball