Metro Rankings

bleacher

20 minutes ago, runtheball said:

A zone change is needed for Glencliff and possibly others. I do not see football being eliminated at any metro school. There are some small enrollment schools that have been mentioned closing and becoming used as middle schools. 

I have been saying for years that MNPS needed to change some of the zones.  While it would be controversial my suggestion would be to do the following:

1.  Close Hillsboro & Hillwood and take the cash from both properties ( I have been told that the Hillwood site would bring around 100 million and Hillsboro may bring 300 million)

2.  Build a new Bellevue High School (Everyone living on the Green Hills Mall side of Green Hills, Belle Meade, Hillwood, West Meade, etc... would attend Bellevue High School)

3.  Students living on the current Hillsboro High School side of the road would attend John Overton and the zone would extend to McMurray Middle School side of Nolensville Road.  Everything on the other side of Nolensville Road would be zoned for Glencliff.  It would basically be the old John Overton school zone with the exception it would go all the way to Hillsboro Road.  John Overton would probably needed to have space added but that would be very doable.

Just now, cbg said:

I have been saying for years that MNPS needed to change some of the zones.  While it would be controversial my suggestion would be to do the following:

1.  Close Hillsboro & Hillwood and take the cash from both properties ( I have been told that the Hillwood site would bring around 100 million and Hillsboro may bring 300 million)

2.  Build a new Bellevue High School (Everyone living on the Green Hills Mall side of Green Hills, Belle Meade, Hillwood, West Meade, etc... would attend Bellevue High School)

3.  Students living on the current Hillsboro High School side of the road would attend John Overton and the zone would extend to McMurray Middle School side of Nolensville Road.  Everything on the other side of Nolensville Road would be zoned for Glencliff.  It would basically be the old John Overton school zone with the exception it would go all the way to Hillsboro Road.  John Overton would probably needed to have space added but that would be very doable.

I have heard these also. 

16 hours ago, runtheball said:

A zone change is needed for Glencliff and possibly others. I do not see football being eliminated at any metro school. There are some small enrollment schools that have been mentioned closing and becoming used as middle schools. 

Well PC got the smallest enrollment.  I imagine the numbers would move up a little bit when hillwood moves

15 hours ago, cbg said:

What about the kids in West Nashville who is about 5 mins away from pc That's zoned to hillsboro? Someone on the board says something like this also. The problem you will have with Bellevue high most of the kids out that way go to private schools anyway.

Edited by FBfan26

What about Whites Creek? 650 kids in a building built for 2000. Charter schools are chomping at the bit to get that one. Stratford was down so low they moved the middle school in over there to make it look better. Maybe even close that tired Maplewood building and split the kids half to Stratford and half to Whites Creek?

58 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

What about the kids in West Nashville who is about 5 mins away from pc That's zoned to hillsboro? Someone on the board says something like this also. The problem you will have with Bellevue high most of the kids out that way go to private schools anyway.

I have been told that the real numbers are that 75% of the combined students in West Meade, Belle Meade and Hillwood already attend private schools or Hume Fogg & MLK.  If a new Bellevue school is built (which according to some was promised by Metro in 1980 when the old Bellevue closed) those numbers would not change drastically.  

Maplewood turned out to be a very good team this year . I only saw them against hunterlane in the jamboree but congrats to them and their staff. CR has a chance to right their only wrong but will be a tough task. I'm rooting for them but Brentwood is playing good ball... Hillsboro has the same opportunity and I think this one is possible .. PC will face off vs East Nash again and it's gonna be a boat race ... I hate to say it PC is just that much better ... Good luck to all metro teams ! I will stay in and stay warm and watch the TV game lol

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Is PC ever going to play anyone that is any good?

We challenge ourselves doing the regular season so times like this is easy. We couldn't help our district was superior to the other District besides one team that we're playing this week. Fairview is supposed to be a good team and they have a mr. Football semi-finalists. Lock and loaded