McKenzie Rebels..

Lionss4life

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

All it takes is a spark to start a fire. I will never give up on our guys.

You never know where that spark will come from. That one team (App State?) was beating Tenn in first game. Then.. Vols changed all of a sudden. What happened? A young third-stringer got in the face of all the starters on sideline yelling at them .. YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED US THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN! YOU PROMISED!.. that was the spark. At Dresden, don't recall who, but a player had a great pep talk at halftime to teammates, DON'T LET UP! was his theme. Years later Lions still chant D! L! U! .. Fires up team to this day. (First time I heard that I honestly thought it was We Love You. Hehe. I thought, How endearing the crowd saying that!.. I hollered We Love You with everyone. Ha. A neighbor heard me & said it's D L U. Told me story. Haha. But I luv our Lions too!). Good luck to Rebels. Try to fan that spark. And be the spark too. It can still be done. Never give in. Give up. Or give out. Just give it your all!

All it takes is a spark to start a fire. I will never give up on our guys.

Kyle last year we were 0-4 and we had hardly anyone at the next game at home. That 5th game against Halls we started off 7-0 Halls. Everyone thought here we go. And that was with Goldsmith at QB. It took an interception by a freshman and the spark happened. So hang in there. That spark is smoldering in a kid that no one is expecting.