Blackman @ Coffee County For Battle of the Running Backs

Blaze45

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes on St Thomas's list. I informed Vandy they are NOT the Gods of Medicine for middle Tn. Besides St T's food is better LOL

They are trying their best to kill me with the tests. I still have the TV camera that attacks from 'behind' to go.

If Blackman plays up to their level, this one should be a mercy game the entire second half. If the play down to Coffee County's, it could be a bad night for Blackman.

Taylor will have trouble for the simple fact his Oline doesn't fight for him. No reason for 3 defensive lineman to be in the backfield for the handoff when there is only 4 of them rushing. this has been the case all year long. The parents are in the kids heads, it is a sad sight to watch. If everyone person playing had the heart that Tayler, Rozier, McKee and a few others had, this would be a totally different ball team.

Taylor will have trouble for the simple fact his Oline doesn't fight for him. No reason for 3 defensive lineman to be in the backfield for the handoff when there is only 4 of them rushing. this has been the case all year long. The parents are in the kids heads, it is a sad sight to watch. If everyone person playing had the heart that Tayler, Rozier, McKee and a few others had, this would be a totally different ball team.

All the jabs aside. heart is the one thing you can't coach. I see it in almost every sport, class and face of most kids theses days. getting by is good enough. Being the best or even their best doesn't seem to matter any longer. I hope that is something as a society we can work towards changing. I listened to a podcast of the cc at WC game and the names I heard over and over were the ones you mentioned. Sounds like there was alot of try in what appeared to be a 3-4 on eleven. 

All the jabs aside. heart is the one thing you can't coach. I see it in almost every sport, class and face of most kids theses days. getting by is good enough. Being the best or even their best doesn't seem to matter any longer. I hope that is something as a society we can work towards changing. I listened to a podcast of the cc at WC game and the names I heard over and over were the ones you mentioned. Sounds like there was alot of try in what appeared to be a 3-4 on eleven.

Heart will only take you so far. Then the dedicated PE period in the weight room takes over. This along with having more than one line ready also.

Pumpkin007

A day ago

Pumpkin007, some food for thought....

The lack of line stability may be due to lack of talent at that position and/or lack of true coaching at the top. If you don't have the talent to run your offense, then you must be willing and able to change your offense to fit the players you have, that is coaching 101. The same for defenses too. I'm not saying that you may not be right, but I am saying that maybe, just maybe, kids may be playing out of position, better kids may be on the sideline but not playing because of "politics", or maybe they just don't have the talent in that position to be playing in 6A region 2. As far your comment about playing with heart like Taylor, Rozier and McGee, the offensive line players do play with heart!! This offense they run isn't hard to defend, everybody knows, stop Taylor and Rozier and you have stopped the offense...so load the box, put a spy on them and don't worry about the others, they won't hurt you very much. Not much deception in their offensive game.