Sevier County at Morristown West

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this game was on paper West would win big. But West apparently thought the Daniel Boone game was going to be played on paper and fell behind 2 touchdowns. I hope West's game plan is better than the one they tried last week or else they very well could lose to Sevier County again. Thoughts on the game?

It actually worked both ways.... Boone overlooked West after the first half, had a dismal 3rd quarter, and lost the game.   Is West the better team?    Probably so, but dang it we were so close and woulda/coulda/shoulda won.     Since 1977 Boone has only beat West 4 times, the last time being 1999.. this one really hurt.

Boone went down to Sevier Co a couple of weeks ago the same way, overconfident because SC was something like 1-5.     Well you know what happened there.

Question:    if Boone wins out they will make the playoffs.    Any chance Boone and West could meet again?

It actually worked both ways.... Boone overlooked West after the first half, had a dismal 3rd quarter, and lost the game. Is West the better team? Probably so, but dang it we were so close and woulda/coulda/shoulda won. Since 1977 Boone has only beat West 4 times, the last time being 1999.. this one really hurt.

Boone went down to Sevier Co a couple of weeks ago the same way, overconfident because SC was something like 1-5. Well you know what happened there.

Question: if Boone wins out they will make the playoffs. Any chance Boone and West could meet again?

It is possible but not likely. It wouldn't happen until the third round I don't think. I will never forget that 1999 game. 5 turnovers cost West their undefeated season which might have ended the next week anyway against Elizabethton.

It is possible but not likely. It wouldn't happen until the third round I don't think. I will never forget that 1999 game. 5 turnovers cost West their undefeated season which might have ended the next week anyway against Elizabethton.

So if things work out as planned, in round 1 Boone would play Oak Ridge/Campbell County and West would play Clinton, does that sound about right?

Bears will win this game if they can throw and catch. Also they need to win special teams battles. Tackle Mr Blevins and its a wrap. This is a playoff game for the Bears and I have a feeling they are going to play on. Its really all about the consistency of the QB and wr for the Bears. Im not a believer in MoWest vs SC the coaching is not even close and they have proven that about 10 years in a row. MoWest should win but they will find a way to give it away and Im telling you guys the Bears are getting better fast the question is will it be enough. I actually think the Bears could win a couple playoff games if they get in.

Bears 24 Trojans 14

DaBears!!

Hey West, let me give you a little advice that Boone learned too late....  watch out for good ole Charlie Brown.   And no, I am not making this up.       #24.          He burned us on both sides of the ball all night, returned a punt for a TD (called back on a hold), and even had a trumpet solo in the band at halftime.    Okay, I may have slightly embellished that last part, but CB is a very outstanding player and you better keep a close watch on him

Hey West, let me give you a little advice that Boone learned too late.... watch out for good ole Charlie Brown. And no, I am not making this up. #24. He burned us on both sides of the ball all night, returned a punt for a TD (called back on a hold), and even had a trumpet solo in the band at halftime. Okay, I may have slightly embellished that last part, but CB is a very outstanding player and you better keep a close watch on him

Probably our best player. Very good baseball player too