Playoffs

devilsden

Has anybody locked up playoffs yet? I know there is 2 more weeks to go but usually about this time of year is when the what ifs start showing up. Well if so and so wins and so and so looses, then so and so is 3 and you know who is 4. Just care about 5A really and specificly my Red Devils.

Right now it's looking like the winner of the Halls / Heritage game will be in third place and the loser in 4th. So Halls looks like they are in no matter if they win or lose the Heritage game.

But which region will you be playing teams out of in the playoffs? That will let you know who your first opponent might be.

Yeah I can break it down real quick for East Tennessee. Here are the current match ups if the playoffs started Friday situations and who is still in the hunt. I just used the current region standings on TSSAA website.

So looking at the playoff picture.

Region 1 vs Region 2 (overall record, region record)

Mo West (6-2, 4-0) vs Maryville Heritage (4-4, 2-2)

Mo East (5-3, 4-1) vs South Doyle (4-4, 2,2)

Sevier Co. (3-6, 3-2) @ Knox Halls (5-3, 2-2)

David Crockett (3-5,2-2) @ Knox Gibbs (5-3, 4-0)

Still in the Hunt for Region 1

Daniel Boone (3-5, 1-3)

Cocke Co. (2-6, 1-3)

Week 10 in this region will decide the playoffs with Crockett vs Boone playing each other. Cocke has a chance but that means beating both Boone and Mo East and I don't see that happening.

Still in the hunt for Region 2

Knox West (4-4, 2-2)

This region is very entertaining football. For Knox West, they have to beat Gibbs to get into the playoffs. If they don't they probably don't get in and may need some help and tie breakers. What really helps Knox West is the win over Knox Halls. Speaking of Knox Halls I have been very impressed with Halls and their QB. He is a difference maker. Halls is my dark horse coming out of the upper bracket.

As for the rest of the region you have 5 teams sitting at 2-2 in the region. Week 10 we could see a lot of movement. The only team in the playoffs for sure is Gibbs.

Region 3 vs Region 4

Oak Ridge (7-1, 4-0) vs Ooltewah (6-2, 3-1)

Farragut (7-1, 3-1) vs Walker Valley (6-2, 3-1)

Campbell Co. (8-1, 3-1) @ McMinn Co. (6-2, 3-1)

Lenior City (3-5, 1-3) @ Rhea Co. (6-2, 4-0)

Still in the hunt for Region 3

Clinton (1-7, 1-3) Yes I know theoretically Clinton is still in the hunt. Clinton has to beat Farragut and Lenior City has to lose to Karns. Which I don't see either of those happening.

The top half of this region is very competitive. Campbell has two weeks to prepare for Oak Ridge. So week 10 is going to be very interesting in Region 3. Campbell was pretty impressive in the loss to Farragut. I hope Oak Ridge wins week 10 because that means Oak Ridge gets either Ooltewah or Cleveland in the first round. Farragut is just a good solid football team I can really see another Farragut vs Rhea Co. match up in round 2 but that means they have to beat Walker Valley in round 1 if all things stay true.

Still in the Hunt Region 4

Cleveland (4-4, 1-3)

Its simple for Cleveland and that is to win. Cleveland has to beat Ooltewah and White if Cleveland wins out they get in. Ooltewah only has to beat Cleveland and they are in. This is one I am going to keep a close eye on next Friday.

Rhea is in the playoffs as of last Friday nights win over Soddy. Now it's just about positioning for Rhea win out and play maybe 4 home games in the playoffs. I'll admit we are going to have to play our best game of the year this week. Walker Valley scares me with what they can do on offense, but McMinn showed us the blue print to beat Walker Valley and that is to grind it out, wear out their defense, keep their offense off the field, and do not turn the ball over. For Rhea week 10 will be interesting no matter what happens week 9. I'm really looking forward to McMinn.

Edited by Rhea Co.

If Gibbs wins and we beat Heritage, don't we wind up 2nd and host a playoff game. I just looked at T$$AA and thought that was right but I'm not sure. HELP ME

Gibbs is in first place. South Doyle is second. South Doyle's last region game is Powell and I doubt Powell will beat SD. So the way I see it, the best Halls can finish is 3rd and that is with a win over Heritage.

Has anybody locked up playoffs yet?  I know there is 2 more weeks to go but usually about this time of year is when the what ifs start showing up.  Well if so and so wins and so and so looses, then so and so is 3 and you know who is 4.  Just care about 5A really and specificly my Red Devils.

DD, ignoring the week 10 non-region results, the final region matchups in Week 11 are going to primarily determine the final 3 spots. Gibbs has already locked up the #1 seed. South Doyle plays Powell, so barring something VERY bizarre, they should get the W and clinch a playoff spot. I need to brush up on the deep tiebreakers in the TSSAA handbook. Here are the possible scenarios:

-If Halls, SD, and West win -> Heritage is out. #2-4 seeding goes to deep-tiebreakers.

-If Halls, SD, and Gibbs win -> West is out. Halls is #2, SD is #3, Heritage is #4.

-If Heritage and SD win -> Halls is out. SD is #2, Heritage is #3, West is #4 (West-Gibbs result does not matter).

-If Halls, Powell, and West win -> Heritage is out. West is #2, Halls is #3, SD is #4.

-If Halls, Powell, and Gibbs win -> West is out. Halls is #2, SD is #3, Heritage is #4.

-If Heritage, Powell, and West win -> SD is out. Heritage is #2, West is #3, Halls is #4.

-If Heritage, Powell, and Gibbs win -> Heritage is #2. Remaining seeding goes to deep-tiebreakers.

Obviously, win and you're in. But if Halls were to lose, they would need Powell to stun SD. Otherwise, they're more than likely out. And yes, if Halls, SD, and Gibbs all win, you guys would host. I still need to review the deep-tiebreaking procedures for a couple of those cases.

Edited by osunut2

Yeah I can break it down real quick for East Tennessee. Here are the current match ups if the playoffs started Friday situations and who is still in the hunt. I just used the current region standings on TSSAA website.

So looking at the playoff picture.

Region 1 vs Region 2 (overall record, region record)

Mo West (6-2, 4-0) vs Maryville Heritage (4-4, 2-2)

Mo East (5-3, 4-1) vs South Doyle (4-4, 2,2)

Sevier Co. (3-6, 3-2) @ Knox Halls (5-3, 2-2)

David Crockett (3-5,2-2) @ Knox Gibbs (5-3, 4-0)

Still in the Hunt for Region 1

Daniel Boone (3-5, 1-3)

Cocke Co. (2-6, 1-3)

Week 10 in this region will decide the playoffs with Crockett vs Boone playing each other. Cocke has a chance but that means beating both Boone and Mo East and I don't see that happening.

Still in the hunt for Region 2

Knox West (4-4, 2-2)

This region is very entertaining football. For Knox West, they have to beat Gibbs to get into the playoffs. If they don't they probably don't get in and may need some help and tie breakers. What really helps Knox West is the win over Knox Halls. Speaking of Knox Halls I have been very impressed with Halls and their QB. He is a difference maker. Halls is my dark horse coming out of the upper bracket.

As for the rest of the region you have 5 teams sitting at 2-2 in the region. Week 10 we could see a lot of movement. The only team in the playoffs for sure is Gibbs.

Region 3 vs Region 4

Oak Ridge (7-1, 4-0) vs Ooltewah (6-2, 3-1)

Farragut (7-1, 3-1) vs Walker Valley (6-2, 3-1)

Campbell Co. (8-1, 3-1) @ McMinn Co. (6-2, 3-1)

Lenior City (3-5, 1-3) @ Rhea Co. (6-2, 4-0)

Still in the hunt for Region 3

Clinton (1-7, 1-3) Yes I know theoretically Clinton is still in the hunt. Clinton has to beat Farragut and Lenior City has to lose to Karns. Which I don't see either of those happening.

The top half of this region is very competitive. Campbell has two weeks to prepare for Oak Ridge. So week 10 is going to be very interesting in Region 3. Campbell was pretty impressive in the loss to Farragut. I hope Oak Ridge wins week 10 because that means Oak Ridge gets either Ooltewah or Cleveland in the first round. Farragut is just a good solid football team I can really see another Farragut vs Rhea Co. match up in round 2 but that means they have to beat Walker Valley in round 1 if all things stay true.

Still in the Hunt Region 4

Cleveland (4-4, 1-3)

Its simple for Cleveland and that is to win. Cleveland has to beat Ooltewah and White if Cleveland wins out they get in. Ooltewah only has to beat Cleveland and they are in. This is one I am going to keep a close eye on next Friday.

Rhea is in the playoffs as of last Friday nights win over Soddy. Now it's just about positioning for Rhea win out and play maybe 4 home games in the playoffs. I'll admit we are going to have to play our best game of the year this week. Walker Valley scares me with what they can do on offense, but McMinn showed us the blue print to beat Walker Valley and that is to grind it out, wear out their defense, keep their offense off the field, and do not turn the ball over. For Rhea week 10 will be interesting no matter what happens week 9. I'm really looking forward to McMinn.

THIS SCENARIO IS BASED ON THE OWLS IN 4TH PLACE AND WE ARE CURRENTLY IN 2ND WITH THE WIN OVER MCMINN COUNTY FRIDAY NIGHT.