South Gibson @ Dyersburg

Trojan

28-7 Dyersburg

welcome to the big boy league SGC....2 losses...outscored 70-7 the last 2 weeks...and next week it'll get even worse...I hear Milan is tired of hearing that y'all are on the same level as them...running clock next week in Medina....enjoy your trip to Raleigh Egypt....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SGC fans should understand in order to compete and beat the Liberty's, the D'burgs, and the Milan's, you have got to schedule better non region games.  If I was a Hornet fan I would be upset with whoever decides what non region teams that are being scheduled.  Why not play Trenton, Humboldt, Dresden, and Huntington, just to mention a few, instead of driving all the way to Nashville and play a team that most jv teams could beat. Not only would it be good for the Hornets it would be good $$$$$ at the gate.  Just my opinion...... 

The SGC fans should understand in order to compete and beat the Liberty's, the D'burgs, and the Milan's, you have got to schedule better non region games. If I was a Hornet fan I would be upset with whoever decides what non region teams that are being scheduled. Why not play Trenton, Humboldt, Dresden, and Huntington, just to mention a few, instead of driving all the way to Nashville and play a team that most jv teams could beat. Not only would it be good for the Hornets it would be good $$$$$ at the gate. Just my opinion......

I agree! SGs schedule is set up like a lot of middle tier teams did during the Z format days just trying to amass wins and "style points".

Not hating just observing.

Rooting for their success.

Plus at the rate medina is growing they're going to be a 4A school after 2021. So that's something to chew on a while

The SGC fans should understand in order to compete and beat the Liberty's, the D'burgs, and the Milan's, you have got to schedule better non region games.  If I was a Hornet fan I would be upset with whoever decides what non region teams that are being scheduled.  Why not play Trenton, Humboldt, Dresden, and Huntington, just to mention a few, instead of driving all the way to Nashville and play a team that most jv teams could beat. Not only would it be good for the Hornets it would be good $$$$$ at the gate.  Just my opinion...... 

Easy now, that Nolensville team will be really good in a couple years. 

The SGC fans should understand in order to compete and beat the Liberty's, the D'burgs, and the Milan's, you have got to schedule better non region games. If I was a Hornet fan I would be upset with whoever decides what non region teams that are being scheduled. Why not play Trenton, Humboldt, Dresden, and Huntington, just to mention a few, instead of driving all the way to Nashville and play a team that most jv teams could beat. Not only would it be good for the Hornets it would be good $$$$$ at the gate. Just my opinion......

All the schools that you just mentioned are 1A schools.

In their defense SG did not have many choices with this game.  They had to replace JCM.

Easy now, that Nolensville team will be really good in a couple years.

Yeah from what I hear that Nolensville team is only 9 and 10 grade, and dominated their JV schedule all year. Wasn't that SGC game with Nolensville close at the half? I live in Wilson County and I try to keep up with all of the midstate schools and I seem to remember it being 14-7 or so at the half. Pretty bad for playing against 13/14 yr olds.

Yeah from what I hear that Nolensville team is only 9 and 10 grade, and dominated their JV schedule all year. Wasn't that SGC game with Nolensville close at the half? I live in Wilson County and I try to keep up with all of the midstate schools and I seem to remember it being 14-7 or so at the half. Pretty bad for playing against 13/14 yr olds.

there is no way that anyone in nolensville's team is 13 and there is probably very few 14 yr olds.

I have been an educator for several yrs. kids turn 15 in 9th grade and 16 in 10th grade unless they have failed a previous grade or been promoted early.