• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
RCKickOffFootball

With 2 Games Left Is Oakland vs Maryville Inveitable?

With only two games left in the regular season is the Oakland vs Maryville match up inevitable? A look ahead...who has the edge to reach Cookeville and why?........And please!! Don't take about past years. Use some details and facts from this year.

Blaze45    19

Barring a real upset the Beast from the East (Maryville ) and Oakland will be seeing each other. I haven't seen anyone who plays perfect ball, and that's what  it will take to beat them . . 

Edited by Blaze45

AllRegion    22

I might be in the minority, but I don't think it's a problem to look ahead to the possibility of this match-up happening down the road. I'm not a coach or a player, so as a fan, it never hurts to "look ahead." If I were a player, I wouldn't be looking ahead...but I also wouldn't be eating pizza and ice cream before the games, so there's a lot of things that fans do that players and coaches wouldn't :)

As far as it happening...yes, I do think it would take a major upset for either one of these teams to lose prior to Thanksgiving

MLREB    20

Oakland is dominate and Maryville is still trying to find a few answers this late in the season. This may be the year that a team from the SEC of Tennessee high school football finally beats the Red Dragon. The spirit of Thanksgiving football practice doesn't think so, though. 

Edited by MLREB