Schools possibly moving up in classification.

smokefb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a new program that is 1A in all sports want to move to 2A in football?

I think he misunderstood the topic and the first post in this thread. Which is ' who will move up after classifications are released.'

Summertown has been classified as 2A.    And I think he was saying he believed they would be classified as such. Therefore 'having' to move up - not meaning 'electing' to move up. Capiche?

I am pretty sure they can skip a class now.

I don't see it happeneing. If your the largest 4a team and they tell a school they have to move up to 5A because a 2a school with 450 studenta want to play in 4a, it wont be a pretty picture. If all three school move up like some think then that would put current 3a school liberty tech up to 5A for an example

Edited by Swipes

I've heard Giles County will play up in 4A, and also hearing Alcoa and Memphis East.

I was thinking Memphis east had a football co op agreement with Soulsville. Too bad the TSSAA does not have the guts to add Soulsville numbers to East numbers fort football. It would be the right thing to do and it would put them in 3A where they really belong. However I don't see Memphis east growing a set and playing up in both football and HOOPS