Schools possibly moving up in classification.

smokefb

Also guys remember the classes are set as for cut offs so unless you electbto pkay up in class you are where you will be. For instance liberty being 4a would not get pushed up due to other 3a schools electing to play 4a

I know that is true, but T$$AA wanted equal sized classes. If 4-5 teams move up from say 3A to 4A, wouldn't it seem reasonable to ask the smallest 4A schools if they wanted to move down? Reasonable may not be in the T$$AA's vocabulary, though.

Of course, I guess there could be some 2A's moving up that would equalize it back out.

I wonder if there will be anybody moving from 1A to 2A?

Edited by MountainTroll

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless the information I read was incorrect, they do have a co-op agreement with another school. They are not being accused of anything by me. That is a simple fact. My personal opinion is that the real numbers from a co-op school should count when determining class size just as some feel that imaginary players should be added to a private schools count that wants to stay in D 1. This applies to Memphis East AND any other school that co-op with another school for football or any other sport. And please don't get me started on the open transfer rule Memphis schools get to take advantage of. I have not seen any I indication that East will play up. If they do in football and basketball I will get in line and say it was the right thing to do. I don't blame East I blame the TSSAA for creating a playing field that is not level for many schools....public and private. East just happens to be the team we are talking about.

Let me clarify a few things. Like I said in an earlier post, Memphis East is moving up to 4A in football.

The reason numbers are not added per cooperative agreement is because those agreements are only good for 1 year. A school can decide they do not want to continue that co-op or simply co-op with another program. Memphis East does co-op with Soulsville this year, but that was at Soulsville's request because of 1 student that they had really wanted (at least, so he said) to play football his senior year. Well long story short, Memphis East does not have 1 player on its roster that does not attend Memphis East High School. For the past 10 years or so, Memphis East has always played up at least 1 classification. We just like to play competitive football. Our basketball team will play in AAA. So there is no need to go through all your scenarios. We were moving up with or without a cooperative agreement. 

Let me clarify a few things. Like I said in an earlier post, Memphis East is moving up to 4A in football.

The reason numbers are not added per cooperative agreement is because those agreements are only good for 1 year. A school can decide they do not want to continue that co-op or simply co-op with another program. Memphis East does co-op with Soulsville this year, but that was at Soulsville's request because of 1 student that they had really wanted (at least, so he said) to play football his senior year. Well long story short, Memphis East does not have 1 player on its roster that does not attend Memphis East High School. For the past 10 years or so, Memphis East has always played up at least 1 classification. We just like to play competitive football. Our basketball team will play in AAA. So there is no need to go through all your scenarios. We were moving up with or without a cooperative agreement.

I'm wondering if tssaa will Grant memphis east to move from 2a to 4a. With so many 3a schools wanting to move to 4a I don't see the tssaa letting a 2a school Jump 2 classifications. I know they haven't aloud it in the past

So y'all moving up?