Collierville at Whitehaven - Week 10

kwc

I understand your sentiment. Just know this. That very same game, the White Hat tried to eject the principal of the school. That's right, he tried to eject Dr. Hunter. Dr. Hunter followed the lead of his HC and left the sidelines voluntarily .. but he was HOT! He later penned a letter to the office of the TSSAA and let them know about the shenanigans that was going on.

That being stated ... Whitehaven doesn't feel like we are being oppressed nor do we feel like we are being persecuted continually. When you are a student or alum from the Haven, you learn to be the cream at a very early stage in life. (The cream always rises to the top) You can't afford to look at life as if persecution is a burden. That's how you become defeated. You learn that through hard work, dedication, and commitment,  to persevere, in spite of.

Winners win (life, football, whatever) ... that's what they do. It is a learned behavior. It is something that you teach and pass down to the next generation. There will always be obstacles. You just overcome them. 

Let's be totally accurate.  The principal came ONTO THE FIELD and CONFRONTED THE REF WHO TOLD HIM TO GET OFF THE FIELD.  He had NO business being on the field.  The ref has the authority to "eject" any school official who is on the field in violation of TSSAA rules.  The ref was ENFORCING RULES.  That's his responsibility.  He did not throw the first flag until repeated warnings had been ignored.  The complaint to the TSSAA was without merit and the ref was COMPLETELY EXONERATED.  I bet you were unaware that 3 TSSAA official supervisors were in attendance at the game and witnessed the "shenanigans" in person.  I would be surprised if Whitehaven didn't receive some official reprimands from the TSSAA.

What do you think is going to happen in any game where BS like this happens?  You think players can in effect tell the ref to go "f" himself and get away with it?  You think coaches and principals should confront refs in this manner?  You think the Haven players and staff were "targeted" unfairly?  If so, think again.   It is rare that players or teams violate the "shirttail rule" but when they do it is enforced.  Brentwood Academy players tried this in a big match up with Ensworth several years ago but had the sense to comply after the first 2 flags.  BA staff had the sense not to confront the refs over enforcing a known rule.  But that didn't stop the fans from crying they were "targeted" by "Brentwood hating refs."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell your friend I think he's all that I said earlier and a buster and loser for doing what he did. Idc how you feel about him and if he has a different paint job than me then WE KNOW WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID!

I repeat.  He warned the players repeatedly and was ignored.  Then he enforced the known rules.  He did his job.  Sorry the RULES got in the way of your player's comfort.  YOU are the "loser" and the "hole"  As usual, you are playing the race card.  Skin color has NOTHING to do with violating rules and enforcing rules.  Had the GTown players been stupid enough to pull the same BS, I can guarantee they would have gotten the flags also.  You are truly pathetic. 

Let's be totally accurate. The principal came ONTO THE FIELD and CONFRONTED THE REF WHO TOLD HIM TO GET OFF THE FIELD. He had NO business being on the field. The ref has the authority to "eject" any school official who is on the field in violation of TSSAA rules. The ref was ENFORCING RULES. That's his responsibility. He did not throw the first flag until repeated warnings had been ignored. The complaint to the TSSAA was without merit and the ref was COMPLETELY EXONERATED. I bet you were unaware that 3 TSSAA official supervisors were in attendance at the game and witnessed the "shenanigans" in person. I would be surprised if Whitehaven didn't receive some official reprimands from the TSSAA.

What do you think is going to happen in any game where BS like this happens? You think players can in effect tell the ref to go "f" himself and get away with it? You think coaches and principals should confront refs in this manner? You think the Haven players and staff were "targeted" unfairly? If so, think again. It is rare that players or teams violate the "shirttail rule" but when they do it is enforced. Brentwood Academy players tried this in a big match up with Ensworth several years ago but had the sense to comply after the first 2 flags. BA staff had the sense not to confront the refs over enforcing a known rule. But that didn't stop the fans from crying they were "targeted" by "Brentwood hating refs."

He did Not go on the field!!! As always he is on the sidelines and the ref was walking by him as our coach was leaving the sidelines and he let him no just how petty and stupid he was!!! It has never gone that far because no other ref is that stupid to eject a coach over something like that, that happens all game...who shirt tail can stay in a whole game while folk are grabbing and pulling on you. As the game goes on they should let that alone as all others have done...your so called friend may be successful in business but he's a @$$hole when it comes to bein a ref!!! I know umpires and refs often meet at Germantown so we know what that was all about. But it's cool. He will go down as the only jack wagon ref to eject a coach for a shirttail....way to make the history books ref!!!

Reg. 4 - 6A

At Whitehaven

WHITEHAVEN 43, COLLIERVILLE 3

COLLIERVILLE â€” 3

Whitehaven 14 14 â€” 43

Wh — Tyrone Cason 11 run (Mamadou Anne kick)

Wh — Kylan Watkins 21 run (Mamadou Anne kick)

Wh — Tyrone Cason 2 run (Mamadou Anne kick)

Col — Jackson Munyon 27 FG

Wh — Kylan Watkins 70 run (Mamadou Anne kick)

Wh — Chris Witherspoon 39 run (Mamadou Anne kick)

Wh — Chris Witherspoon 7 run (J’Len Smith pass from Austin Harris)

COL               WH

First downs                                  4                  18

Net yards rushing                   (-64)                370

Net yards passing                    119                  16

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing — Whitehaven, Kylan Watkins 15-180, Tyrone Cason 11-63, Chris Witherspoon 7-74.

Passing — Collierville, Kyle Colwick 5-15-53-0, Mitch Austin 3-4-66-0.

Whitehaven, Lesley Mosby 1-3-1-1, Austin Harris 1-1-15-0.

Receiving — Collierville, Justin Stonework 3-66.

Records — Collierville 2-7 (1-5), Whitehaven 9-0 (6-0).

Edited by kwc