• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kwc

Cordova at Houston - Week 10

12 posts in this topic

Cordova is the favorite in this game. However, they have to be careful as well because this has TRAP GAME written all over it. Both Whitehaven and Cordova can't afford to be looking ahead to next week's showdown and not give this week's opponents the attention they deserve.

B L O W O U T

on deck

That's the standard way of thinking. Houston's passing game is pretty decent. It could be a decent game.

I don't know if I believe that, but i thought I would throw that out there. Where are my Cordova posters? What do you guys think?

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

I heard about those ejections and that was ridiculous. I am saying unfortunately there are certain places and teams that seems to get calls at their homes that others don't. All refs are not this way but I definitely agree with the white hat controlling the game and unfortunately teams have to adjust to that. In the end the officials have never changed a call by arguing with them and players and coaches have to adjust. I do believe the city schools get less calls then the old county schools. Over the years it's changed at Cordova from being a county school to a city school but I'm sure most teams feel they never get calls. At the end you play through it because every once in awhile that call will go your way.

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

Sounds about right. Refs here are more worried about shirt tails and width of eyeblack than calling the game properly! And I can tell you refs don't favor Houston. Not saying they favor other teams, but there have been some interesting calls.