Cordova at Houston - Week 10

kwc

Cordova is the favorite in this game. However, they have to be careful as well because this has TRAP GAME written all over it. Both Whitehaven and Cordova can't afford to be looking ahead to next week's showdown and not give this week's opponents the attention they deserve.

B L O W O U T

on deck

That's the standard way of thinking. Houston's passing game is pretty decent. It could be a decent game.

I don't know if I believe that, but i thought I would throw that out there. Where are my Cordova posters? What do you guys think?

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

I heard about those ejections and that was ridiculous. I am saying unfortunately there are certain places and teams that seems to get calls at their homes that others don't. All refs are not this way but I definitely agree with the white hat controlling the game and unfortunately teams have to adjust to that. In the end the officials have never changed a call by arguing with them and players and coaches have to adjust. I do believe the city schools get less calls then the old county schools. Over the years it's changed at Cordova from being a county school to a city school but I'm sure most teams feel they never get calls. At the end you play through it because every once in awhile that call will go your way.

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

Sounds about right. Refs here are more worried about shirt tails and width of eyeblack than calling the game properly! And I can tell you refs don't favor Houston. Not saying they favor other teams, but there have been some interesting calls.

Sounds about right. Refs here are more worried about shirt tails and width of eyeblack than calling the game properly! And I can tell you refs don't favor Houston. Not saying they favor other teams, but there have been some interesting calls.

Wait a minute ... width of eye black? Really? You have got to be kidding me. We probably need to all get together and discuss these 'interesting' calls because I thought ejecting a HC over shirttails was extremely anal and over the top. Now I'm reading about the width of eye black. It just brings to memory all of these bad White Hats I've seen in recent history ... like the White Hat that umpired the Whitehaven/Ridgeway game at Halle 3 years ago. That was just down right pathetic.

Edited by kwc

Reg. 4 - 6A

At Houston

CORDOVA 31, HOUSTON 14

CORDOVA 10 14 â€” 31

Houston 14 â€” 14

Cor — Jeremy Banks 34 run (Leeyner Sarabia kick)

Cor — Leeyner Sarabia 29 FG

Cor — Harold Lacy 21 run (Leeyner Sarabia kick)

Hou — Terrell Tatum 17 interception return (Emmanuel Chi kick)

Hou — Carson Blackfan 1 run (Emmanuel Chi kick)

Cor — Devin Coleman 12 run (Leeyner Sarabia kick)

Cor — Harold Lacy 19 run (Leeyner Sarabia kick)

COR                HOU

First downs                               24                    17

Net yards rushing                   364                  144

Net yards passing                     58                    67

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing — Cordova, Harold Lacy 20-144, Jeremy Banks 9-114, Devin Coleman 9-93. Houston, Carson Blackfan 34-123.

Passing — Cordova, Devin Coleman 5-11-58-2, Jacob Jacques 0-1-0-0. Houston, Garrett Bates 11-20-67-1, Emmanuel Chi 0-1-0-1.

Receiving — Houston, Mark Taverna 4-34, Emmet Whitaker 5-32.

Records — Cordova 9-0 (6-0), Houston 4-4 (4-2).

Edited by kwc