What's wrong with the Loudon Redskins?

tnredskin

Alot has to do with coming back to 3a.good teams in the region top to bottom.we was 0-10..3-7..8-2..now 3-6 so far in our coaches 4th year now..it's just a tough region.it all starts with feeder programs.getting kids out to play. Talent staying at home.small town ball is going away.we have 2 d-1 lineman who lives in Kingston but plays at catholic.we could use those kids.but I believe coach Campbell is only in his 2nd year at Loudon if I'm correct.give him.another year to get it going..see y'all in Kingston next week.thank God we have a bye this week.

Edited by Jacketsfan2001

Alot has to do with coming back to 3a.good teams in the region top to bottom.we was 0-10..3-7..8-2..now 3-6 so far in our coaches 4th year now..it's just a tough region.it all starts with feeder programs.getting kids out to play. Talent staying at home.small town ball is going away.we have 2 d-1 lineman who lives in Kingston but plays at catholic.we could use those kids.but I believe coach Campbell is only in his 2nd year at Loudon if I'm correct.give him.another year to get it going..see y'all in Kingston next week.thank God we have a bye this week.

This is a good post. Lots of factors. Suspect that the Greenback upswing has affected them. They do not have the same talent level as years past. When Harig left most of a good staff quit coaching....left a huge gap. New District alignment will help all small rural schools except those still burden with being in the same district with the Tornadoes

This is a good post. Lots of factors. Suspect that the Greenback upswing has affected them. They do not have the same talent level as years past. When Harig left most of a good staff quit coaching....left a huge gap. New District alignment will help all small rural schools except those still burden with being in the same district with the Tornadoes

Any chance of Alcoa moving themselves up to 4a? lol 

I think alcoa doesn't move up until next reclassification cycle.there school is growing.that new school can hold over 1,000 kids or so.I think they will stay in our region until the student numbers go up..unless they want to move up now on there own.they can win at any level in my opinion. Just up to the school.

Alcoa will probably stabilize enrollment at 700 or so students. They don't want their students to become just numbers in a big school. Anything over 1000 students and you really lose a lot of the community school feel. I actually think anything over 800 students in a school is counter productive for the kids

I'm basing this just on observations during the Loudon/CAK game as that's the only time I've seen the Redskins this year.  First of all, NICE upgrades to the stadium--the new concession stand/fieldhouse/bathrooms are nice--field looked good too.

Now, as to the team, Loudon has some very good players in my opinion, just not enough right now to be competitive against most of the other teams in the district.  The QB has a good arm and is accurate on roll-out passes, which is rare in high school.  Some good skill players.  The big deficit from what I saw against CAK was on the line.

Loudon simply did not have anybody who could come close to blocking CAK's big DT or linebackers.

On defense, even though CAK's OL didn't have a very good game, Loudon still struggled to mount any meaningful pass rush or stop the run whenever CAK put in its bigger back to pound out some needed first down yardage.  I assumed the line is young but didn't look at the roster to check their grade levels.

Unlike some other teams I have seen over the years that were really struggling, I did NOT get the impression that Loudon is poorly coached.  I've seen struggling teams that didn't seem to know how to line up on either side of the ball.  That was NOT my impression of Loudon's team. They play like they're being coached well and know what they need to do, but just don't have the size or experience yet to execute as well as they need to.  I think it's probably just a transition period where there isn't a lot of size and depth and that is a tough combination.  Good luck the rest of the way and hang in there.

• Upvote 1

I think alcoa doesn't move up until next reclassification cycle.there school is growing.that new school can hold over 1,000 kids or so.I think they will stay in our region until the student numbers go up..unless they want to move up now on there own.they can win at any level in my opinion. Just up to the school.

Well us fans of other teams in the district can only wish. lol. It is a tough region especially with Alcoa at the top. I've seen and picked some great CAK teams to beat them in the last few years only to see my prediction not be close, no disrespect to CAK, they have a great program.

As far as Loudon when we(Scott) played them in the mid 90s you always knew what they brought to the table! I think many teams have those down years, like for example Scott only won 1 game in 2012 and since has fielded some good/winning teams. I think Loudon will be back in the mix, it just takes that one good turn around year to make an up swing at reviving a program.

Good luck Loudon! Hang in there!

I'm basing this just on observations during the Loudon/CAK game as that's the only time I've seen the Redskins this year.  First of all, NICE upgrades to the stadium--the new concession stand/fieldhouse/bathrooms are nice--field looked good too.

Now, as to the team, Loudon has some very good players in my opinion, just not enough right now to be competitive against most of the other teams in the district.  The QB has a good arm and is accurate on roll-out passes, which is rare in high school.  Some good skill players.  The big deficit from what I saw against CAK was on the line.

Loudon simply did not have anybody who could come close to blocking CAK's big DT or linebackers.

On defense, even though CAK's OL didn't have a very good game, Loudon still struggled to mount any meaningful pass rush or stop the run whenever CAK put in its bigger back to pound out some needed first down yardage.  I assumed the line is young but didn't look at the roster to check their grade levels.

Unlike some other teams I have seen over the years that were really struggling, I did NOT get the impression that Loudon is poorly coached.  I've seen struggling teams that didn't seem to know how to line up on either side of the ball.  That was NOT my impression of Loudon's team. They play like they're being coached well and know what they need to do, but just don't have the size or experience yet to execute as well as they need to.  I think it's probably just a transition period where there isn't a lot of size and depth and that is a tough combination.  Good luck the rest of the way and hang in there.

Thanks for all your insight! I feel a little better now! Just not used to losing every week! Good Luck to the Warriors!

If the region's are going to change like people think then loudon will get into the Chattanooga one with Sweetwater. McMinn central.and signal mtn.etc..and the alcoa region will be loaded.

For Loudon's sake they better hope so! Just hate not even being competitive! We haven't even come close to winning this year!