Your new Class 1A with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

Guest hevyrevy1611

I know a team in the east that has a chance to make a decent run the next several years as well.

Are you kidding? Just one? There are several teams imo. Lots of strong teams with amazing histories in East. And yes Dresden is the upstart newbie in this winning stuff, so forgive me (& others) for not knowing how to act sometimes. We'll learn to be more polished & refined. We even got us now a Jethro Bodine class of culture & etiquette at the adult learning center that's overflowing with a waiting list that's booked for years. Hot diggety dog! (Guess who teaches it?) :D :-D ... But I was really referring to this half of the bracket & our own region in saying Lions gonna be around in playoff picture for awhile. This is not a one & done season either. Days of being bottom dwellers are gone. Should have several final four appearances in future. Hope we win more trophies too in this new shuffling. We ain't got near enuf. Time will reveal all.

Guest hevyrevy1611

What was you guys record the year Winn went to Brentwood academy ?

I don't recall. It was down. Changes in coaches usually has a few years of adjustment even in pro sports. But now that things have settled down and players know coach's new ways & philosophy, we seeing the results. Not bad imo.

I don't recall. It was down. Changes in coaches usually has a few years of adjustment even in pro sports. But now that things have settled down and players know coach's new ways & philosophy, we seeing the results. Not bad imo.

I guess you didn't get my point. One player makes a big difference in 1a football. Without Winn there would be a big difference in the team. I am rooting for you guys I hope you do win the gold ball. I just think you are jumping the gun quite a bit talking about dynasties. Don't jinx your team

I guess experience plays a part in them being noticeably better as a whole, but a list is: skills of our ends catching almost anything near them then amazing RAC yds after, our highlight reel QB who may repeat as Mr Football (and if he gets hurt we do have capable replacements), several tough speedy running backs who can run over or past you, and a stingy beasty defense (best in state maybe?) who knows how to stop the offense plus score lots of points on them (bunch of drills on causing turnovers then scoop & score). But for me, talking to players, & seeing it in their eyes, it's because of our bitter defeat last year at hands of Trenton. It's a lesson our Lions will never forget. This awakened them to being more serious, intense, and focused. It's a different mindset, way different. Like night and day. They playing with a "teamwork makes the dream work" mind instead of wanting to hog the limelight and be a showboat as an individual star (had that last year). This years team is setting a high bar & standard our future teams will be inspired & challenged to emulate (success breeds success idea). So skill sets are more refined & experienced, good depth of non-starters who has lotsa playing time under belt so its hardly any letup when they're in, and a champion's attitude that's needed for a team to go all the way. Plus our coach & staff is top tier, just like those in East said he would be. Even better than described. Sorry to ramble & kinda brag, but we're proud of our Lions. You havta see this team play to believe it. Truly awesome. Yet, we still not tuned-in on all 8 cylinders. Not yet (hope we increasingly peak in playoffs). Lions are real deal, sorry haters, but it's true.

Kinda the same thing here in WC. Lost to NCS has left a bad taste in their mouth. WC also has top notch coaches ( the best in my eyes). WC also has a great backfield and receivers. WC has a Mr. Football caliber qb and returned the most of the team. Hope we get to watch these two teams battle it out! Edited by wildcat89

Guest hevyrevy1611

I guess you didn't get my point. One player makes a big difference in 1a football. Without Winn there would be a big difference in the team. I am rooting for you guys I hope you do win the gold ball. I just think you are jumping the gun quite a bit talking about dynasties. Don't jinx your team

oh i see. yes they do. Dresden was convinced Trenton's QB (who played another position that first game we won) wouldn't make a big difference. Boy he (& they) showed us in playoffs, didn't they? A valuable lesson that won't be soon forgotten. But then again, a good coach can take mediocre-to-good players and help them play above their "natural" abilities. Like "studs". I seen it happen more than once. I guess it's a combo of lotsa things. I do listen to & learn from those who are now, and those who have had "dynasties", and there are common denominators & must-have ingredients that go into this magical level. Our previous recent coaches and current one came from such programs. They know what it takes & are sharing/teaching that to our players. And dynasties have to start somewhere, right? Huge respect to multi-winners of both silver & gold balls. WOW! ... Maybe Dresden will be one of those awesome teams too. We'll see. btw, Coach Rang says he's just as excited about our upcoming teams & their chances as he is this year's. idk, just what he's said in interviews. (But I hope others will always underestimate us though. And "diss" us. [Not saying you do]. It's fuel for the fire. Raw meat our Lions feed on). :)