The new 5A Class with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if a team changed their mind about moving up a class would TSSAA allow them to drop back down if its past the dead line? Also if it would help 4A numbers and help with travel.

For the best for 4A .. what the TSSAA should do for AC is make Fulton, Carter, Seymour and Gibbs all move back to 4A and that would help 4A tremendously ... AC has ahrd way to go as far as travel .. wow looking at their travel .....  

Some of these schools will have it tough. I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of process where a team could play down-only if it was for location issues and not competition issues. Maybe if they're one of the bottom 20 percent of their original class, or no more than 20 percent higher than the largest in the lower class, etc. Or even 10 percent.

I agree with you but that one time that particular school went deep or to the championship the complainers would be out in force. I would like the bottom say 5 or so and maybe top 5 be able to choose which way they would want to go for travel if the district competition would be say a total of 750 miles combined (arbitrary number of course).

I think Oak Ridge or Catholic will be moved to region 4.  It will probably be decided with a coin toss, ha ha. 

Why not rock, paper scissors 5 times!   :) Looking forward to starting a new regular season rivalry.  

Hoping Rhea can fill up their schedule with at least in state teams this year.  Playing Cathedral was interesting though. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

Move the 4As requesting to play up to regions where they'll have to travel more and they will change their minds and that will solve the 4A and 5A issues.

So where do you propose they move 5 (Central, Carter, Gibbs, Fulton and Seymour) Knoxville area teams too? Especially since there are 5 Knox county schools (South Doyle, West, Halls, Powell, Karns) already in 5A. Edited by QSouth89