The new 6A Class with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

As far as the 6A Teams in East TN, it looks like there are six that could go either way. Maryville, William Blount and Heritage are all farther east than HVA, Farragut and Bearden. (click on the map to make it bigger)

6A_East_TN_zpsjvo280zi.png

If I was WB, I would lobby real hard to go South with HVA and Farragut and send Maryville, Heritage and Bearden North. I don't think that will happen, I think the two groups (Knox and Blount) will be stay with their group. (click on the map to make it bigger)

The%20Six_zpsq53mtpee.png

RR our rezident map xpurt....Eye thaink both maps iz ov old lady Barklee's place.....aka tha Big Vallee... :popcorneater:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heath got hurt real bad when his rocket ship crash landed.

98506502eec320d97606c88feb63182d.jpg

The rebuilt him with a salvage title and made him better than he was.

98506502eec320d97606c88feb63182d.jpg

Eye heered thay haid tha tecknollogee....Faist az a rabbett, bull strong and terned intwo a grait rassler....Pitchured beelow wif Sassqwatch inn a arm-bar..... :popcorneater:

12c65426c43c46a30bb696892e5bec22.jpg

Edited by STARSNBARS

Seems like from the comments I've read/heard over the years the staff at Catholic has been less than pleased with the 1.8 multiplier. If that's correct and still the case, I'd be surprised if they volunteered to move up further -- especially considering the "sweet spot" appearance of class 5A at this time.

Are reliable sources indicating such a move by Catholic is being considered?

There is a possibility that the Irish might move.  Won't know till Tuesday

Seems like from the comments I've read/heard over the years the staff at Catholic has been less than pleased with the 1.8 multiplier. If that's correct and still the case, I'd be surprised if they volunteered to move up further -- especially considering the "sweet spot" appearance of class 5A at this time.

Are reliable sources indicating such a move by Catholic is being considered?

I believe they are considering, EG.  Has more to do with the numbers of teams in a 6A region vs. a 5A region.  In 6A they would likely have to find at least one less non-region game, and that's a real issue.  

I believe they are considering, EG. Has more to do with the numbers of teams in a 6A region vs. a 5A region. In 6A they would likely have to find at least one less non-region game, and that's a real issue.

You hear a number of schools citing that concern about filling out a schedule. Forgive me for stating the obvious (again) but maybe, just maybe, TN needs fewer classes which would result in larger districts/ regions. I've been critical of the TSSAA for its part in promoting and perpetuating unnecessary classes in football. But as we've seen with the new restrictions on privates playing in the public division, the collective call for change by the schools themselves can force the TSSAA's hand. What if they did the same where superfluous classes are concerned?

You hear a number of schools citing that concern about filling out a schedule. Forgive me for stating the obvious (again) but maybe, just maybe, TN needs fewer classes which would result in larger districts/ regions. I've been critical of the TSSAA for its part in promoting and perpetuating unnecessary classes in football. But as we've seen with the new restrictions on privates playing in the public division, the collective call for change by the schools themselves can force the TSSAA's hand. What if they did the same where superfluous classes are concerned?

Exactly.