The new 6A Class with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

Now that we know the cutoff I'm going to guess that it might break down like this:

1-6A (7)

Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett

Morristown West

Jefferson Co.

Bearden

Hardin Valley

Farragut

2-6A (7)

Heritage

Maryville

William Blount

McMinn Co.

Bradley Central

Cleveland

Ooltewah

3-6A (7)

Cookeville

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Riverdale

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

4-6A (7)

Stewarts Creek

Smyrna

LaVergne

Antioch

Cane Ridge

McGavock

John Overton

5-6A (6)

Station Camp

Hendersonville

Lebanon

Mt. Juliet

Wilson Central

Rossview

6-6A (6)

Brentwood

Centennial

Independence

Franklin

Ravenwood

Dickson Co.

7-6A (5)

Arlington

Bartlett

Germantown

Houston

Collierville

8-6A (4)

White Station

Whitehaven

Memphis Central

Cordova

*Alternatively, if there were concerns about an imbalance between East (Reg 1-4) & West (Reg 5-8) Blackman (or maybe Siegel) could be moved from Reg 3 to Reg 4 while Reg 4 loses McGavock to Reg 5 and Overton to Reg 6. That evens the numbers out a bit, but you've then split the Davidson Co schools between not just 2, but 3 different regions. I wouldn't think they'd want to do that, but who knows with those folks.

Why wouldn't there be 7 regions with 7 teams?  And why wouldn't Rutherford County have an inclusive 7-team region?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we know the cutoff I'm going to guess that it might break down like this:

1-6A (7)

Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett

Morristown West

Jefferson Co.

Bearden

Hardin Valley

Farragut

2-6A (7)

Heritage

Maryville

William Blount

McMinn Co.

Bradley Central

Cleveland

Ooltewah

3-6A (7)

Cookeville

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Riverdale

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

4-6A (7)

Stewarts Creek

Smyrna

LaVergne

Antioch

Cane Ridge

McGavock

John Overton

5-6A (6)

Station Camp

Hendersonville

Lebanon

Mt. Juliet

Wilson Central

Rossview

6-6A (6)

Brentwood

Centennial

Independence

Franklin

Ravenwood

Dickson Co.

7-6A (5)

Arlington

Bartlett

Germantown

Houston

Collierville

8-6A (4)

White Station

Whitehaven

Memphis Central

Cordova

*Alternatively, if there were concerns about an imbalance between East (Reg 1-4) & West (Reg 5-8) Blackman (or maybe Siegel) could be moved from Reg 3 to Reg 4 while Reg 4 loses McGavock to Reg 5 and Overton to Reg 6. That evens the numbers out a bit, but you've then split the Davidson Co schools between not just 2, but 3 different regions. I wouldn't think they'd want to do that, but who knows with those folks.

So 8 of the 9 Memphis teams are automatically in the playoffs.

Cookville, Warren and Coffee could be in a district with the Chattanooga area schools.  They are just as close to some of those schools as is Maryville, Heritage and William Blount. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

Maybe look at other region configurations with the number of playoff teams being based on the number of teams in the region. Total still equals 32.  Would need to look at that a bit but a 9 team Memphis region could have 5-6 playoff qualifiers.  Not sure how you set up the playoffs.

Curious if teams are going to be allowed to move up.  Would like to see traditional teams like Gallatin, Franklin, Oak Ridge, among others in 6A. 

To have 7 regions the playoff bracket would either have to involve a bye for some (but not all) region winners, or there would have to be at-large teams added.  Either way would require some type of computer power ranking system, and that's obviously not going to happen again anytime soon.

There wouldn't be any fair way to seed/bracket playoffs without it being a factor of 8. 

I'm just throwing this out there for discussion, and it's not my pick. There is a bracket that works with 25. The problem is, it uses seeded teams (I would only seed the #1). Three teams from each district/region and four wildcard teams would be in the bracket. Also, I don't really trust the TSSAA to get it right. It would put just one team over 50% of the teams in the playoffs. Depending on who the highest ranked team would be, the bracket would have to be shifted so the other districts lined up geographically. I like having an even number of teams in each district/region. I don't trust the TSSAA to get it right like the Z-plan.

25Teams_zps9k2blbbc.png