Potential New West TN AA Districts

LetMeHearYA

29 teams will be in West TN in the classification. Here is how I think it will break down:

District 13

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Lexington

Southside

Chester Co.

McNairy

Adamsville

District 14

Northside

South Gibson

Milan

Crockett

Westview

Obion Co

Dyersburg

District 15

Bolivar

Fayette-Ware

Haywood

Ripley

Covington

Millington

District 16

Grad Academy

MLK Prep

Hamilton

Melrose

Mitchell

Raleigh Egypt

Sheffield

Trezevant

Wooddale

Edited by LetMeHearYA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will look like this

29 teams will be in West TN in the classification. Here is how I think it will break down:

District 13

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Lexington

Southside

Chester Co.

McNairy

Adamsville

District 14

Northside

South Gibson

Milan

Crockett

Westview

Obion Co

Dyersburg

District 15

Bolivar

Fayette-Ware

Haywood

Ripley

Covington

Millington

District 16

Grad Academy

MLK Prep

Hamilton

Melrose

Mitchell

Raleigh Egypt

Sheffield

Trezevant

Wooddale

It could possibly look like this, I know it's a long shot but we are dealing with TSSAA

District 12

Lexington

Camden Central

Riverside

?

District 13

Milan

Crockett

Westview

Obion Co

Dyersburg

South Gibson

Ripley

District 14

Scotts Hill

Southside

Chester Co.

McNairy

Adamsville

Northside

District 15

Millington

Fayette-Ware

Haywood

Bolivar

Covington

District 16

Grad Academy

MLK Prep

Hamilton

Melrose

Mitchell

Raleigh Egypt

Sheffield

Trezevant

Wooddale

I agree, you never know what the TSSAA is going to do. But, I don't see them leaving Scotts Hill out of a district with Lexington and Riverside. They are 20 minute drives if that from those schools. Unless they have to have teams to fill district 12, I don't see those schools in that district and if they are, Scotts Hill goes with them. Adamsville and McNairy are shorter drives to those schools than Northside.

TSSAA has on the last few occasions divided Southside and Northside up in different districts mainly cause Southside is closer to these schools than schools in other districts.

I believe they put Ripley in District 15 to make it 6 teams in a region. Who knows what TSSAA will do, but I just don't see them breaking up District 13 from the way I have it unless they move Southside out of it or have to have schools for District 12. These schools are just too close of a drive to each other and usually play each other now in these sports because of that.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Another possible combo could be as follows based on geography (assuming Melrose and Hamilton elect to play up as they have previously):

13AA:

Riverside

Lexington

Scotts Hill

McNairy

Adamsville

Chester Co

14AA:

Obion

Westview

Dyersburg

Milan

South Gibson

Crockett

Ripley

15AA:

Northside

South Side

Bolivar

Fayette Ware

Covington

Haywood

Millington

16AA:

Craigmont

Mitchell

Sheffield

MLK

GRAD

Trezevant

Raleigh Egypt

Wooddale

The determining factor will be how many Memphis teams choose to play up and what they decide to do in Knoxville, Chattanooga and lower middle TN. As it currently stands there are significantly unbalanced districts numbers wise that need reshuffling and likely reassignment that causes the loss of some classic district rivalries.

Edited by westtnfan76

If some of the Memphis schools decide to move up, Fayette-Ware could go to Memphis district and change things up. Bolivar in District 13 is still possible. They have more shorter drives in that district and the longest drives in that district are still shorter than drives in District 15. It will be interesting how they will divide these up, a lot of different ways.

District 13

Lexington

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Chester Co

McNairy

Adamsville

Bolivar

District 14

Southside

Northside

South Gibson

Milan

Westview

Obion Co

District 15

Dyersburg

Crockett Co

Haywood

Ripley

Covington

Millington

District 16

Memphis Teams

Fayette-Ware

If some of the Memphis schools decide to move up, Fayette-Ware could go to Memphis district and change things up. Bolivar in District 13 is still possible. They have more shorter drives in that district and the longest drives in that district are still shorter than drives in District 15. It will be interesting how they will divide these up, a lot of different ways.

District 13

Lexington

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Chester Co

McNairy

Adamsville

Bolivar

District 14

Southside

Northside

South Gibson

Milan

Westview

Obion Co

District 15

Dyersburg

Crockett Co

Haywood

Ripley

Covington

Millington

District 16

Memphis Teams

Fayette-Ware

Why can't Millington just go to 16 and be with Fayette-Ware and Memphis teams? Other than that, I like it. But is Riverside, Scotts Hill, and Adamsville guarantee AA teams? How is this alignment different from football?

From what I see here, everyone thinks the current Districts are all going to get blown up and they start from scratch in West TN. Why not just take South Side and Fayette Ware out of 14 put them in 15 to replace JCM and Liberty (Moved up to 3A). Then add Scott's Hill, Riverside and Adamsville to District 14 to fill it up. Move Riverside across the river to District 11 and your are done. I think We are only dealing with 3 new 2A teams and we lose 2. District 16 basically stays the same. Would that work or am I missing something?

Scotts Hill and Riverside can't move down a class. You can only appeal to TSSAA to move up a class. So they are stuck. I agree with Riverside most likely headed to 11 or 12-AA. BUT also Riverside is only 15 minutes away from Lexington and Scotts Hill so they may opt to stay in the West TN area. South Side moving to 15-AA with Fayette-Ware makes that IMO one of the best basketball districts. South Side, Fayette-Ware, Ripley, Haywood, Covington, and Bolivar.

This is a quote from the TSSAA website: "Schools that disagree with their placement will have the opportunity to request an appeal before the Board of Control at the November scheduled meeting."

Regardless, you are right. It will be tough to change it for anyone. You are also right about 15AA being the best in the state if South Side and Fayette Ware move in with Ripley and Haywood. Also, Northside and Covington. Tough. However, Bolivar may remain in 14 AA.