The Tornadoes Regroup Against the Falcons. UC vs Lake County

BigSwo

Well, last week's game was not what anyone in Tornado Alley was expecting. I think we all believed that the game would be much closer than it was. With that now behind us it's time to regroup and get focused on our next opponent, the Falcons from Lake County. I think we will be in for a fight. At the beginning of the season the Falcons were a young team but they now have a season's worth of experience. Our guys will be ready to remove themselves from the loss to Dresden. With it being Pink Out and Senior Night I believe we will be ready to take care of business. Time to get ready for the real season, the playoffs. Come on Tornadoes, set the tone for the beginning of the next step. What say you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swo, UC is the heavy favorite in this game. I think this game will be closer than most think but in the end UC will pull it out. You never know what you are going to get from a young team I do mean young 16 out of the 22 starters are frehmen and sophomores. Only 3 seniors and 3 juniors see any sinficant time. LC must stay in the game early. If UC jumps to 21 pt lead in first half then my falcons are doomed. LC playing alot better on defense than they did earlier in season.hope and pray for an injury free game. Looks like this will be the last meeting between the two rivals for awhile

I am sure UC will play with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the season. I'm just saying if LC can avoid getting down big in the first half then we might make a game of it.

I'm not arguing with you. Getting down with a young team can get ugly pretty quickly. I figure UC will hit the playoffs with a big chip on their shoulders and also be much more healthy than they have been in awhile. They are sneaky over in Barneyville. 

I'm not arguing with you. Getting down with a young team can get ugly pretty quickly. I figure UC will hit the playoffs with a big chip on their shoulders and also be much more healthy than they have been in awhile. They are sneaky over in Barneyville.

I didn't take it as an argument. I agree with what you are saying about UC. I was just saying if LC can stay close in the first half then it could be a very interesting game.

Our boys will be out to set some things straight. I'm believe they will have that "chip on the shoulder" attitude for sure. We need some time to heal up and get ready for the playoffs. I don't know who will play or for how long. The district standings are set so a win or a loss here is not that big of a deal.

Our boys will be out to set some things straight. I'm believe they will have that "chip on the shoulder" attitude for sure. We need some time to heal up and get ready for the playoffs. I don't know who will play or for how long. The district standings are set so a win or a loss here is not that big of a deal.

I am sure UC will play with a chip on the shoulder. LC just needs to keep it close in the first half then anything can happen. Either way LC's big game is next Thursday against Humboldt. I hope the LC/UC game is a really good game because I would imagine this will be the last time these two schools play in football for awhile. Edited by lakecounty1968

Alright Tornadoes it is GAME DAY. Time to BUCKLE UP AND ROCK SOME HEADS. Step ON THE GAS PEDAL AND NEVER LET UP. LET THE FALCONS KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Regroup, refocus and rebound. Sound the alarm. The TORNADOES ARE COMING! THE TORNADOES ARE COMING! THE TORNADOES ARE COMING AND THEY ARE READY TO DESTROY THE OPPONENT IN FRONT OF THEM. Time to Compete, PLAY PHYSICAL AND LIMIT FUMBLES. GO TORNADOES

.Union city won 35-0 but could have been closer in my opinion.With things going in a young LC's team favor,could have been a 21-7 score.Lake Co coaching seems to always have a couple bonehead plays every game like going for a first down on a 4th and 23 against South Fulton.Union City scored on a long run on a 4th and 7  and after that Lake co played better for a while.Lake Co was traing 7-0 or maybe 14-0 and Lake Co was about midfield with a 3rd and 4.I'm thinking 2 downs for a first down.Coach takes too long to get a play in. and Lake Co gets a delay of game penalty.Maybe cost Lake co a drive.Instead of 3rd and 3,now 3 and 9.Then he calls a couple timeouts early in the game with really nothing going on.With about 3 minutes to go in the half and Lakeco down 14-0 and on about their own 30,Lake Co throws the ball and right to a Union city defender and he returns it for a touchdown.Big play.Down 21-0 instead of 14-0 and going in maybe at the half and regrouping.But Lake co has a few good plays and are at the Union City 3 yard line with about 40 seconds left.Thought he might run Johnson on a sweep and if he can scorefor sure to run it in.If not throw the ball to a receiver or throw it away.Run up the middle for about a yard.Clock running.Called his last timeout.Puts starting QB back in and he scrambles and like to got sacked for about a 7 yard loss from behind..Incomplete .Ran the ball again toff tackle and maybe down to the 1.Clock running with no timeouts.Don't get a play off..Coach had done used two timeouts earlier.Also notice that Lake Co never puts anyone back to receive a punt when the other team punts.Guess it's to make sure Lake Co doesnt fumble.But several times tonight and in other games,watched a ball being punted and watch the ball roll an extra fifteen yards on several occassions. Union City scores again late in the 3rd quarter on a long run by Miller. Game over for sure.congrats to Union city.Once again the young Falcons just made some untimely mishaps and some lack of coaching for about the fifth time in 5 games.Think Lake Co will be much improved next year and maybe can play around some of the coaching decisions

Edited by mrbigster