The Tornadoes Regroup Against the Falcons. UC vs Lake County

BigSwo

.Union city won 35-0 but could have been closer in my opinion.With things going in a young LC's team favor,could have been a 21-7 score.Lake Co coaching seems to always have a couple bonehead plays every game like going for a first down on a 4th and 23 against South Fulton.Union City scored on a long run on a 4th and 7  and after that Lake co played better for a while.Lake Co was traing 7-0 or maybe 14-0 and Lake Co was about midfield with a 3rd and 4.I'm thinking 2 downs for a first down.Coach takes too long to get a play in. and Lake Co gets a delay of game penalty.Maybe cost Lake co a drive.Instead of 3rd and 3,now 3 and 9.Then he calls a couple timeouts early in the game with really nothing going on.With about 3 minutes to go in the half and Lakeco down 14-0 and on about their own 30,Lake Co throws the ball and right to a Union city defender and he returns it for a touchdown.Big play.Down 21-0 instead of 14-0 and going in maybe at the half and regrouping.But Lake co has a few good plays and are at the Union City 3 yard line with about 40 seconds left.Thought he might run Johnson on a sweep and if he can scorefor sure to run it in.If not throw the ball to a receiver or throw it away.Run up the middle for about a yard.Clock running.Called his last timeout.Puts starting QB back in and he scrambles and like to got sacked for about a 7 yard loss from behind..Incomplete .Ran the ball again toff tackle and maybe down to the 1.Clock running with no timeouts.Don't get a play off..Coach had done used two timeouts earlier.Also notice that Lake Co never puts anyone back to receive a punt when the other team punts.Guess it's to make sure Lake Co doesnt fumble.But several times tonight and in other games,watched a ball being punted and watch the ball roll an extra fifteen yards on several occassions. Union City scores again late in the 3rd quarter on a long run by Miller. Game over for sure.congrats to Union city.Once again the young Falcons just made some untimely mishaps and some lack of coaching for about the fifth time in 5 games.Think Lake Co will be much improved next year and maybe can play around some of the coaching decisions

UC used a 5th string QB tonight by the way

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC used a 5th string QB tonight by the way

One player shouldnt make a team though.Lake co had a couple players out as well including fastest player on the team and captain and senior Ismail Young who tore a knee about 4 weeks ago and is out for the season and for basketball also.UC won.I was just saying it seems like things look good for awhile and being a young team or maybe not strong enough yet,seems like we have some mental breakdowns or maybe not physically strong enough yet and a team make break a long one.Overall I thought Lake co defense played pretty well overall.Take away that interception for a touchdown and had Lake Co had a timeout at the goal line and not been called for that delay penalty,probably would have been a little closer score. Hint  to Lake Co coach.Don't call a couple timeouts when you have the ball 80 yards from scoring a touchdown Save a couple just in case a couple years from now,the team will be stronger and maybe able to score more.And please.when they are a year older next year and more mature.Put Johnson or someone back back on punts.At least 3 times last night,Union City got off a punt only to watch the ball roll an extra 15 to 20 yards putting Lake co in worse field position.Plus with Johnson's speed ,maybe could break a long one but at least get an extra 15 yards.Maybe Lake Co needs an offense minded coach on the staff to call some plays and not get called for delays,and not go for a first down on 4th and 23 on your side of the field.If you dont make any yards at all on the first 3 downs,doubt you're going to make a 4th and 23..At the moment,just not able to beat a Dresden,Union City .Thought they played pretty well against against Trenton.That game was 21-7 till Lake Co had to go for a first down on a 4th down play and didnt make it and Trenton scored again with about a minute left..At the moment I have Dresden as the top team by at least 3 or 4 touchdowns against anyone in our district.Union city maybe with their injuries hurting them with Bumpus and the QB,is too one dimensional.Threw one time last night and it was after handing the ball to a running back and he threw the ball.Don't think the UC team last night will beat a Wayne co  or maybe even Hunt.Just think those teams are a lot better than a young Lake Co defense.Unless the QB comes back and he is a playmaker.Don't think Tucker and Miller will be able to run against those teams with them knowing UC isn't going to pass the ball at all.Congrats to UC and good luck in the playoffs.Just the way I see it in the playoffs unless UC gets a couple players back.UC is better than Lake Co but I see Lake Co being better next year and in 2 years,think they will be back toward the top for several years.

Edited by mrbigster

We're not blind to what we're facing the next few weeks. A lot of things to overcome for the Tornadoes. Personally, if we can make a Quarter final appearance, I'll consider this season a success with all that has happened. That more than likely puts us in a rematch with Dresden. Past that you're looking at either NCS or more likely Wayne Co. I don't think anyone gets past them.

Bigster. I guess the player's could not have caused the use of timeouts. I guess it's not possible for them to line up wrong or get winded and need a rest for a minute. What I am saying it's not always on the coach. Its easy to say we should of scored but I guess everything is always the coaches fault. Could it be that LC is extremely young and make mistakes that older more veteran teams don't make. Every time we lose you got to criticize somebody. Man if you got a problem with things at LC go talk to Coach Puckett instead of airing it on here. LC is 5 and 4 with a chance of going to playoffs with mostly freshmen and sophomores. I think they have improved and are moving in the right direction. Have some patients. LC will be fine. No need to criticize anyone at this point. Maybe UC defense had something to do with LC offensive woes last night.

UC is definitely not a one player team. We did have six key players out. There was a new face at qb, at slot, at center, at RG, and at RT last night. Defense had a different assortment at LB. One senior on offense and two on defense. Barring injury and attrition, UC should be solid next year in 2A.

Didn't know they had that many out.that makes a difference.Even though they still had enough to beat Lake Co,the team I saw last night wouldn't beat Dresden this year if they played 10 times.Maybe if they get some players back.

Bigster. I guess the player's could not have caused the use of timeouts. I guess it's not possible for them to line up wrong or get winded and need a rest for a minute. What I am saying it's not always on the coach. Its easy to say we should of scored but I guess everything is always the coaches fault. Could it be that LC is extremely young and make mistakes that older more veteran teams don't make. Every time we lose you got to criticize somebody. Man if you got a problem with things at LC go talk to Coach Puckett instead of airing it on here. LC is 5 and 4 with a chance of going to playoffs with mostly freshmen and sophomores. I think they have improved and are moving in the right direction. Have some patients. LC will be fine. No need to criticize anyone at this point. Maybe UC defense had something to do with LC offensive woes last night.

I know they are young but you can side with the coach if you want.Young or not,a bad idea to go for a 4th and 23 against South Fulton young or not and you know it as well..Could see doing it if Lake Co was behind and had to go for it.But Lake Co was winning.And last night.Knowing he only had 1 timeout and ran the ball up the middle.Fine if you make it.But if you don't ,clock is running.Then put the QB back in on the 2nd play and he like to have lost 7 yards.Thats fine if he was going to pass.But why run up the middle with time running out.I know its his call but you have a 140 lb running back.Have him go outside and let him know if you can run it in,don't stop.If not,have a receiver in the end zone to maybe throw to or and incompletion,stops the clock sine you dont have a timeout..I.He has made a lot of bad decisions all year on 4th and 5 or more and you know it as well..Maybe it's because they are young and he feels like he has to gamble.But when he does that,it puts the young defense in a bad spot.But it's his call.Hopefully next year they will be strong enough to maybe get over some of his decisions.

Edited by mrbigster

I know they are young but you can side with the coach if you want.Young or not,a bad idea to go for a 4th and 23 against South Fulton young or not and you know it as well..Could see doing it if Lake Co was behind and had to go for it.But Lake Co was winning.And last night.Knowing he only had 1 timeout and ran the ball up the middle.Fine if you make it.But if you don't ,clock is running.Then put the QB back in on the 2nd play and he like to have lost 7 yards.Thats fine if he was going to pass.But why run up the middle with time running out.I know its his call but you have a 140 lb running back.Have him go outside and let him know if you can run it in,don't stop.If not,have a receiver in the end zone to maybe throw to or and incompletion,stops the clock sine you dont have a timeout..I.He has made a lot of bad decisions all year on 4th and 5 or more and you know it as well..Maybe it's because they are young and he feels like he has to gamble.But when he does that,it puts the young defense in a bad spot.But it's his call.Hopefully next year they will be strong enough to maybe get over some of his decisions.

I'm not siding with nobody. I know why the timeouts were called. People in the stands don't know or understand what happens on the sidelines they only can speculate about a given play call or timeout. In my opinion calling out coaches or players on a message board accomplishes nothing. If someone has a problem with something or someone they need to take it up with that person. Nobody in LC thought at the beginning of the season that this team would be in position for a playoff spot. All in all the coaching staff has done a good job with this team. Nobody will agree with every call or timeout that a coach calls or uses. I am sure there is a method to every coaches madness. Anyway, you do what you want to in this matter. I am done with it.

That's fine if you're done..No need to talk with him about anything.He's the coach.But I noticed you didnt refer to his going for a 4th and 23 against South fulton with the lead and helped put South Fulton back in the game.And not the first time he has went for a 1st down on a 4th and long.I have seen it in several games.Like you said ,maybe a veteran team could stop an offense but he made it harder on a young team.and then the delay of penalty call as he has also done that several times this year.I have seen it with my eyes.But again,no need to talk to him.he's the coach.Probably a good thing Lake Co is very young and he has a freshman coming up and an 8th grader.Keep on calling or doing some of those things,he sure better hope his team gets older,stronger and wins.because if not,I think we know what could happen.Not against the coach.Maybe you are closer to him being on the sidelines as far as timeouts.But I'm in the stands.I know what is being said in the stands and a lot of people wonder why he would go for a 4th and 23 and winning and not past the 50 yard line.and he has done it several times.As far as nobody expected Lake Co to be in position for a playoff spot.Why ?They lost Wilkes but had several linemen back.I expected to beat Greenfield and Gleason and South Fulton and Fulton Co.Thought we had a chance to beat Halls going into the game but we didn't.Halls hasn't beaten anyone since and even lost to Gibson Co.But they did beat Fulton co Friday night.I also expected to lose to Dresden,Union city and was hoping Trenton and Humboldt,at least one of them to be down.So,why would anyone not think we had a chance at 4th place?Who have we beaten that you didnt think we would beat this year?

Edited by mrbigster

Not trying to argue with you.Haven't called out any players..Not against the coach.Just that his decisions have hurt a young team several times.Thought the defense played pretty good overall and has gotten better.Just hoping better decisions are made.I'll leave it at that.

Edited by mrbigster

Guest hevyrevy1611

Anybody can beat another team in anything, at anytime. In sports the crazy, weird, surprising wow's happen often. Gotta play hard, with belief & PMA imho. But I'm an insane idiot, just ask aanyoe. Ha! :)