Region 1 & 2-1A Prediction '17-'21

EastTNFBall

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to understand why Cloudland or Greenback would want to move up?

Greenback doesn't "want" to move up.TSSAA will call their hand by possibly MAKING them move to region 1.We will lose a ton of money and no one including myself is going to travel to Hancock,Unaka,Jellico and so forth to watch a game that's not competitive.If they were close then it wouldn't be that bad but on average 110 miles one way!!!The region 2 teams are practically next door other than Oneida but that is a great gate for either because they are a rival.If they go region 1 it will kill our fan base.

Greenback doesn't "want" to move up.TSSAA will call their hand by possibly MAKING them move to region 1.We will lose a ton of money and no one including myself is going to travel to Hancock,Unaka,Jellico and so forth to watch a game that's not competitive.If they were close then it wouldn't be that bad but on average 110 miles one way!!!The region 2 teams are practically next door other than Oneida but that is a great gate for either because they are a rival.If they go region 1 it will kill our fan base.

Do like Knox Catholic and complain about travel and money to tssaa. I couldnt believe a school with the money and resources that Catholic has would complain about having to travel an hour and a half to games. Us little small schools travel 2 hours or more for region games all the time and we dont have a 24th the money of a large private school in knoxville.

my contact says it likely will be jellico and greenback moving. hard to split the schools in roane and morgan up. he has been right before, but not sure about now.

I'm sure they are coaches on the phone as we type trying to swap regions.If Cloudland goes 2A which is what I am hearing also.Region 1 is up for grabs. I can see couple teams jump ship from region 2 to region 1 and GB stay right where they are.

I'm sure they are coaches on the phone as we type trying to swap regions.If Cloudland goes 2A which is what I am hearing also.Region 1 is up for grabs. I can see couple teams jump ship from region 2 to region 1 and GB stay right where they are.

i think you are right, that could be a possibility for sure. if no one moves he is pretty sure the other will be. i aslo heard region 1 teams could come to region 2 and a couple of teams might get shoved south.

I don't understand it either. If Cloudland didn't want move up in 2015 because of travel and lack of competition, why would they bow when the level of competition would be better?

Little the old staff did at Cloudland made sense...As you said in another thread, region 1 1A makes no sense....Cloudland program would starve and if GB got moved to region 1, they'd be nuts not to move up to 2A reg-1....Travel comes into play, but when your home games bring in absolutely no gate, wins don't matter as much.

Edited by uknoit2

Exactly

Little the old staff did at Cloudland made sense...As you said in another thread, region 1 1A makes no sense....Cloudland program would starve and if GB got moved to region 1, they'd be nuts not to move up to 2A reg-1....Travel comes into play, but when your home games bring in absolutely no gate, wins don't matter as much.

But what I'm saying is that aside from '97-'01 when Unaka and Cloudland moved up to play in the old Watauga Conference, they have ALWAYS had to travel. Why would now make any difference.

Hard to play football without funding. Now if you could only play 4 region games ,you might be able to compensate in non region games. Its a TOUGH decision for Cloudland but for my part ,I hope they go 2a.