TCA visits Scotts Hill

BigEdMo

Lions looked better tonight, even against a young and undermanned TCA squad (hope y'all get those starters back for the playoff run). Didn't see much of the first half, but overall SH showed more emotion and had some good licks on defense. Offense showed some promise too, with the passing game getting back on track. Trinity is young!! Give their underclassmen another year together and they'll be right back where they usually are, but don't overlook them this season if they get healthy.

Good to talk with the TCA posters...good guys, and Reitz...hope you liked the box! TCA and JCS should be very interesting for positioning...if the Lions get pressure on JC's QB, and stay disciplined enough to keep him from getting outside and picking up first downs, I think that TC wins...if they give him time to throw or lanes to run, it could be long scoring drives for the Eagles, and the lack of experience and depth could get to be a major factor for Trinity.

I know you guys have been asked many and many times about this, but I've wondered this too. What's the difference between Scotts Hill now, than Scotts Hill earlier this decade?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you guys have been asked many and many times about this, but I've wondered this too. What's the difference between Scotts Hill now, than Scotts Hill earlier this decade?

I saw Scotts Hill for the first time ever earlier in the season so I can't speak about earlier in the decade. But I saw a team that had all the marks of a winner. First you had numbers. Several boys dressed and on the sideline. Tells me kids are buying into the program. I have definitely seen many 2a programs with fewer kids on the roster.

Secondly, the kids are obviously well coached and developed. There wasn't realty any players on the SH team that wowed me at first sight although there were a couple of big lineman. However they all played well and you could tell that their "talent" was developed. They had good technique and gave great effort. Obviously the coaching staff is doing a great job.

Finally ( and in my opinion most important) that community fully supports that team and school. I was amazed at the tremendous amount of school spirit shown and pride in their team by school staff, administration and community stakeholders. They are all striving to help that program be successful and it shows. Wonderful people and community.

I saw Scotts Hill for the first time ever earlier in the season so I can't speak about earlier in the decade. But I saw a team that had all the marks of a winner. First you had numbers. Several boys dressed and on the sideline. Tells me kids are buying into the program. I have definitely seen many 2a programs with fewer kids on the roster.

Secondly, the kids are obviously well coached and developed. There wasn't realty any players on the SH team that wowed me at first sight although there were a couple of big lineman. However they all played well and you could tell that their "talent" was developed. They had good technique and gave great effort. Obviously the coaching staff is doing a great job.

Finally ( and in my opinion most important) that community fully supports that team and school. I was amazed at the tremendous amount of school spirit shown and pride in their team by school staff, administration and community stakeholders. They are all striving to help that program be successful and it shows. Wonderful people and community.

Better than I could have said it, and I'd like to add the fact that we have been blessed with some great kids...they do whatever is asked of them with no complaints or attitude. Attribute that to the coaches as well.

Congrats to Scotts Hill on a good win. I wasn't surprised by the win but the margin really was bigger than I thought. Wish you the best in the playoffs. 

To be honest, the "other" Lions had three starters out. I think that we win if they're there after seeing us play with more fire than the last few games, but that is just my opinion.

To be honest, the "other" Lions had three starters out. I think that we win if they're there after seeing us play with more fire than the last few games, but that is just my opinion.

Trader, from a comfort level, last night was my best visit ever to Scotts Hill.  It got cold last night.  It would not have been fun to have broadcast from the outside last night as I have in years past.  I did appreciate the press box courtesy. 

In regards to the game.  I think all three injured players were key to our dismal showing last night.  Two starting offensive  linemen out is going to make a difference.  We have only had our starting offensive line together for two games all season.  Not having those two players along with the running ability of #17 changed to whole complex of the game.  SH only had to focus on one running back instead of two.  Did it make a difference you bet it did.  Would it have changed a loss to a win for TCA, we will never know.  Still, at this point in the season, back up players have to perform. I got to the game site real early.  SH was out early horsing around and they were as loose as a goose.  Unfortunately, my projections don't have TCA playing SH in an early round playoff game unless we beat JC and Hickman beats Lewis county next week.

Trader, from a comfort level, last night was my best visit ever to Scotts Hill.  It got cold last night.  It would not have been fun to have broadcast from the outside last night as I have in years past.  I did appreciate the press box courtesy. 

In regards to the game.  I think all three injured players were key to our dismal showing last night.  Two starting offensive  linemen out is going to make a difference.  We have only had our starting offensive line together for two games all season.  Not having those two players along with the running ability of #17 changed to whole complex of the game.  SH only had to focus on one running back instead of two.  Did it make a difference you bet it did.  Would it have changed a loss to a win for TCA, we will never know.  Still, at this point in the season, back up players have to perform. I got to the game site real early.  SH was out early horsing around and they were as loose as a goose.  Unfortunately, my projections don't have TCA playing SH in an early round playoff game unless we beat JC and Hickman beats Lewis county next week.

Our facilities are just recently to the point that it's not an embarrassment for the comfort of our visitors. I realize that we're still not comparable to a night at the Hilton, but the basics are covered lol. The community and school system are still committed to moving forward, so things will continue to get better hopefully.

Every team at our level goes in cycles with young players developing, then graduating...only to "start over" with underclassmen again. TCA is in the young stage, but the talent is evident...in the near future your Lions will be really good again. Scotts Hill hasn't had a full down cycle since Coach Stroup has been here...we've lost some good ones, but had juniors and senior starters return to lessen the shock of their absence the following season...as far as skill players, next season looks to be "that year" for us, and will be interesting to see who will step up.

As far as us meeting in the playoffs, Hickman won't be able to handle Lewis Co., but I think that TCA and JCS will be a toss up...maybe we can "arrange" to both move on and meet a little further down the road! Best of luck to y'all...lots of respect for your program and fans.

Our facilities are just recently to the point that it's not an embarrassment for the comfort of our visitors. I realize that we're still not comparable to a night at the Hilton, but the basics are covered lol. The community and school system are still committed to moving forward, so things will continue to get better hopefully.

Every team at our level goes in cycles with young players developing, then graduating...only to "start over" with underclassmen again. TCA is in the young stage, but the talent is evident...in the near future your Lions will be really good again. Scotts Hill hasn't had a full down cycle since Coach Stroup has been here...we've lost some good ones, but had juniors and senior starters return to lessen the shock of their absence the following season...as far as skill players, next season looks to be "that year" for us, and will be interesting to see who will step up.

As far as us meeting in the playoffs, Hickman won't be able to handle Lewis Co., but I think that TCA and JCS will be a toss up...maybe we can "arrange" to both move on and meet a little further down the road! Best of luck to y'all...lots of respect for your program and fans.

Trader,

As one who looks at things from a "press box" point of view, the very recent changes at SH are very nice.  Our "space" at your house was much larger than what my partner and I are offered at most every place we play at.  It is nice to have another place where I don't have to worry about bringing rain gear for the equipment or dealing with other outside elements that make my work difficult.  I am grateful.  One suggestion I would respectfully make is for SH to install hand rails on the isles in the visitors bleachers.   Safety, especially at my age and with some of the health issues I face, is important when moving up and down the isles at various sports facilities. 

SH has come a long way with the facilities for all of your sports.  I have watched them grow up in my work travels through your area on a monthly basis. Perhaps with some "luck" we can square off again one more time this season.