Smith vs York

zoneread56

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played last week and looked good.

with the offense that York runs, you must have two quick guards a good fullback that can mesh good with the qb and good deception. with the qb back and a game experience York could be hard to contain. LB's can't get caught up looking into the backfield and not reading keys. The guards will take you to the ball unless you false key. Should be a good game. 

They have similar scores againt same opponents except for Upperman but Mason Cravens was out for that game. Owls have to be favored at home, but with a playoff spot on the line, both schools will give it their all. York has plenty of talent. I think a lot will depend on play calling for York plus not wasting time outs switching plays which happens too often. The best high school game I ever saw was at Smith County a few years ago when York won 15-14 going ahead on a 93 yard pass play and then going for the 2 points with very little time left in the game. It was a state quarter final. York went to Milan and was ahead 15-14 at the half before losing in the 2nd half. Smith County fans have a lot of enthusiasm, but I expect a lot of people from York will be there too. This should be a good game.

Smiths head coach blew this game for them... You don't blow a 3td lead at home in 3rd quarter In a game that has a lot riding on it.. York had no pass game all night and smith had no answer for #36.. Also the smith qb looked lost and play calling was suspect at times... I just don't get why this team is so Mediocre... Whole different vibe than when Maynard was at the hole

Edited by redzebra99

Smiths head coach blew this game for them... You don't blow a 3td lead at home in 3rd quarter In a game that has a lot riding on it.. York had no pass game all night and smith had no answer for #36.. Also the smith qb looked lost and play calling was suspect at times... I just don't get why this team is so Mediocre... Whole different vibe than when Maynard was at the hole