District 4AA 2016-17

QSouth89

Saw where The Irish slipped by Alcoa. That signature victory for Alcoa continues to elude them. They just aren't able to get that big victory it doesn't seem.

Alcoa has a very talented team with all the necessary pieces to make a good tournament run but unfortunately they seem to have a knack for losing close games against good teams.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they do. There coaching is very questionable if you ask me, but just a personal opinion.

I like Joel Kirk but I would agree that they aren't playing up to their potential but they are definitely still good enough to get to state. To get there, they need to improve their effort on the defensive end on every possession.

Edited by Norman Dale

Yeah, they do. There coaching is very questionable if you ask me, but just a personal opinion.

I think adding Jared Laverdier to the staff is a huge plus. Last night vs. Catholic Alcoa held the ball for the last 2-3 minutes of the third quarter with three Catholic players in foul trouble. I would have gone straight at Luke Smith and forced him into a foul situation. Catholic missed a ton of inside shots and layups or the game wouldn't have been that close.

Alcoa is a very talented team. They have decent size and are super quick. They have several knockdown shooters. Played Catholic very tough both games and missed FTs to cost them a W at Maryville. Still scratching my head over how Webb blew them out.....

I think adding Jared Laverdier to the staff is a huge plus. Last night vs. Catholic Alcoa held the ball for the last 2-3 minutes of the third quarter with three Catholic players in foul trouble. I would have gone straight at Luke Smith and forced him into a foul situation. Catholic missed a ton of inside shots and layups or the game wouldn't have been that close.

Alcoa is a very talented team. They have decent size and are super quick. They have several knockdown shooters. Played Catholic very tough both games and missed FTs to cost them a W at Maryville. Still scratching my head over how Webb blew them out.....

But three of their players were in foul trouble as well so it may have been a situation where he was trying to get the game into the 4th quarter with out losing his three players to fouls which eventually happened.

• 3 weeks later...

District 4-AA Boys Coaches All-District (2016-17)

Brock Jancek – Catholic​​​

Chase Kuerschen – Catholic​​​

Jack Sompayrac – Catholic​​​

Tony Scott – Catholic

Dante Harris – Alcoa

Jonathan Webb – Alcoa

Mekai Carter – Alcoa

Nick Roberts – Alcoa

Hunter Reynolds – CAK

Isaiah Sulack – CAK

Turner Helton – CAK

Billy Hall – Scott Co.