Anybody Moving Up in Classification?

TennesseeValley

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.

Why would they not stay where they are? If you have 6 or 7 D1 kids you would want to challenge your kids every night.

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.[/quote

I think if they move up it's to AAA, can't see them wanting to compete in any other class but this is era of teams just trying to win state championships and not caring what level they on. But East might look at the situation and say our other sports are not AAA talent no more and stay in single A

If East didn't move im sure they would still schedule the good AAA school for out of division games. East not moving up would hurt the City championships the most, nobody wants to see them play BTW...ever.  If they chose not to move, which i think they will back to AAA, Cordova's my favorite for 2018 and after that the power will fall back in the hands of the respected coaches like Henning and Edwards as far as AAA.

Each individual sport can choose to move up now without other sports joining them. It would only effect boys and girls basketball.

Most sports are separate. Basketball, baseball and softball are still tied together. If East moves up in basketball, they must also move up in baseball and softball.

Most sports are separate. Basketball, baseball and softball are still tied together. If East moves up in basketball, they must also move up in baseball and softball.

Incorrect.  If East were to move up for boys basketball, the girls would also have to move up.  Basketball and baseball/softball are not tied together. 

I would assume East moves up to AA. Them staying in A would probably make our state a big laughingstock nationally. They will question how a school with 6-7 D1 kids is dominating schools with 100-250 kids.

Correct me if I'm wrong but East is AAA.  They have been for years.  They were AAA last year.