Anybody Moving Up in Classification?

TennesseeValley

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East will stay in AAA. It was an easy choice for Penny and the school.

What if penny say this is his last year and he notify the school of that also, do they stay in Single A?

If penny were to walk away he would at least do it after coach Dez's group has graduated and that will be 2018

I totally agree . Penny and that group are extremely close. Also with the most talented of all the Lawson boys coming to East next year, he may be at East for a while.

First of all East has the horses to rule AAA. How their program operates is their business. WE will be AA next year and will stay there until we are moved again. Penny has 6-7 High D majors. Our talent is not on that level. Also if we moved up it would kill our other sports in AAA. You all are only looking at basketball. As an former AD I look at how will benefit all of our programs.This is the last year for us in A, so go ahead and shout for joy.

Edited by Galilee

So East going up to AAA doesn't hurt they other sports, let's be realistic Penny is not bringing in 6-7 D1 in other sports though.

First of all East has the horses to rule AAA. How their program operates is their business. WE will be AA next year and will stay there until we are moved again. Penny has 6-7 High D majors. Our talent is not on that level. Also if we moved up it would kill our other sports in AAA. You all are only looking at basketball. As an former AD I look at how will benefit all of our programs.This is the last year for us in A, so go ahead and shout for joy.

I totally agree . Penny and that group are extremely close. Also with the most talented of all the Lawson boys coming to East next year, he may be at East for a while.

I dont think he's there for the lawsons, they could jump ship anyday and opt for a prep school as they hinted.

So East going up to AAA doesn't hurt they other sports, let's be realistic Penny is not bringing in 6-7 D1 in other sports though.

That is my point. They may not care about the other sports but the administration at Mitchell does. If Mitchell had won 3 state titles in volleyball or other sports thenewguy85, Coach1985, TCAIntense or anybody  would care if we played 1A basketball.

We have won and dominated 1A basketball but our talent was not AAA. We may have been competitive in AA but that is not a guarantee. Only 1 player from Mitchell has signed with a P5 school. That includes football players on the basketball team. Nashville Christian had a player on their team that is now playing football at UT. We are playing where we are placed.

Next year when we are one of the smallest schools in AA you will never see me complaining about larger schools with more talent should play up. At Mitchell if a team beats us we just go back and work harder.

Staying in A or moving to AA doesn't benefit East or the players in any way shape form or fashion. It would seem like they were running. They just won AAA and are returning virtually everybody. 

I'm not sure many people understand how good East really is. They are, not just big, HUGE, are well coached, and have a drive to succeed. Many schools in Memphis have great talent but little to no discipline. East can be disciplined when they have to be.

Cordova is super talented but they're not on the same level as East. 

Staying in A or moving to AA doesn't benefit East or the players in any way shape form or fashion. It would seem like they were running. They just won AAA and are returning virtually everybody. 

I'm not sure many people understand how good East really is. They are, not just big, HUGE, are well coached, and have a drive to succeed. Many schools in Memphis have great talent but little to no discipline. East can be disciplined when they have to be.

Cordova is super talented but they're not on the same level as East. 

Coaching and discipline isn't always there for other schools who are also talented(Houston). East has the luxury of having a good leader and being an unselfish team along with the overwhelming talent. Take away 3 players of choice off that team and they still make it to the Boro, too much talent man. 

And Cordova isn't big enough. Rod and Tyler are a good 1-2 punch but not enough in region 8. 

Edited by TonyG

Coaching and discipline isn't always there for other schools who are also talented(Houston). East has the luxury of having a good leader and being an unselfish team along with the overwhelming talent. Take away 3 players of choice off that team and they still make it to the Boro, too much talent man. 

And Cordova isn't big enough. Rod and Tyler are a good 1-2 punch but not enough in region 8. 

You are correct. I am trying to remember a Memphis team that was this deep 1-9 or 10. The 85 Whitehaven team with Huery. Alexander, Douglass, and Kirby was good but not as deep.